Certain patches cut off my notes...

Don't forget about the 'Input Gate'...........The 'Input Gate' is set pretty high? Try lowering the the 'Ratio' to 2. Also, this is from a much older firmware and is clipping. Drop the Amp 'Level' down to -14 db, and set the Cab level back to 0 db just to keep things less confusing.

Don't have my Axe today to check the patch, but what Moke sounds spot on the money. I read the thread title and thought to myself "input gate". I turn mine pretty low, so that it is set for my lowest gain patch. I then use a gate block on patches that need it.

All 'Input Gate' settings are saved with each preset. So it can be set up on a per-preset basis. Except for a couple of rare cases when one scene is very clean and another is very high gain, I don't use the 'Gate' block.

As @Moke stated, check input gate and also compression. When downloading 3rd party presets, you may have to adjust gating and compression, depending on the contributor's playing style or rig. regarding input gate, I tend to set classic gate, -60, 2:1, 10, 100. It seems to work quite well for my guitar and rig.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I think it is the input gate causing it. I am new to the Axe Fx and still have yet to figure out all these control knobs.

You're not alone. And there's a lot of settings. I've tweaked my presets 10 times or more. Everytime I injest more input from the gurus here, I discover I can do it better a different way. It's a great piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom