CelestionPlus DSR?

sprint

Axe-Master
Wondering what the knowledgable people here think of this tech - I'm no expert but it sounds like they've integrated speaker/amp interplay processing with IR processing.

https://www.celestionplus.com/product/celestion-speakermix-pro/

I have a bunch of regular Celestion IRs which I like - would like to try one of the new "DSR" types but they are expensive and only runnable within the plugin.

Last edited:
Well...I'm guessing from the response it's not a game changer - lol

fyi moderator - I had put this in the wrong subforum (should be in User Cabs IRs) - could not figure out how to move it therr.

I see no point of this for us Fractal users :) We are lucky enough to have the speaker pages in the power amp section. This delivers speaker compression, drive and impedance curves to emulate the response of the amplifier to a speaker cabinet. I think that the Celestion solution is fine, but it won't be able to interact with a virtual power amp and influence distortion there. Maybe it just adds some dynamic EQ or distortion and compression to the IR, but definitely not something as complex as we have in our units :)

I see no point of this for us Fractal users :) We are lucky enough to have the speaker pages in the power amp section. This delivers speaker compression, drive and impedance curves to emulate the response of the amplifier to a speaker cabinet. I think that the Celestion solution is fine, but it won't be able to interact with a virtual power amp and influence distortion there. Maybe it just adds some dynamic EQ or distortion and compression to the IR, but definitely not something as complex as we have in our units :)
That's my opinion, too. It may be interesting for people, who use native amp plugins like the UAD or the Nembrini stuff. The dynamics do not happen with the speaker, they happen with the player, the amp and the interaction with the IR.

It looks like a copy of the wall of sound plugin from Two Notes

Attachments

• wos-banner.jpg
    wos-banner.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 14
I looked at the celestion site, but really, for a layman like me it is undoable. I wish they would make it a two way filtering like: speaker focused and cab focused/brand focused or whatever. But then again, I am a layman.

Back
Top Bottom