Celestion Plus IRs

interesting. glad to see a speaker manufacturer get onboard the IR wagon, hopefully more will follow. i did a quick listen, they sound pretty good although I prefer Fractal, ML & Ownhammer. Trying to crawl out of the IR rabbit hole. Perhaps I'll give them a spin but I didn't hear anything to make me jump on them right now. Would be interesting to know what amp or modeler they used. I think I get better tones from my AxeFx.

Great to see this starting to happen from the actual source.....doesn't mean they'll be better than anything already out there, but it's certainly possible in some instances for sure.

And there are some speakers, that they don't produce anymore...and they don't even have data about it. WH-80, Sidewinders, Black Shadows...maybe they will appear in time.
But to be honest....We have shot so many great Eminence-loaded cabs in the last week, that I don't think there is need for the
10000th version of a V30 or Greenback.

I think the point is they have a name and a staple on guitar speakers and thus it makes perfect sense for them to dip into the market. I mean why not from their standpoint. For $6 I may give one a shot.

Yep, they are good. FWIW the coupon code is only good for one cab type, and you can only use it once. Buying the entire speaker pack for $29.99 is the best deal.
I bought the Creamback 65 1x12 closed back cab for $6. I can't buy entire cab pack without buying the 1x12 closed back cab again.
I wish I would have known that, but the IRs sound very balanced to me. I typically have to turn the bass down for everything, but with this cab I finally got to turn the bass back up to normal. (normal for me anyway.)

Mwah... It's a nice IR but nothing special, compared to everything that's already on the market.

working for me doesn´t mean that it´s working for everyone. I like these as i don´t have to fiddle alot. They sound great for me out of the box and the different IRs serve me well. But so far I am only in looking for Metal Tones.

I'm not a big fan of the V30, but I do like the Creamback 65.
I wouldn't say that these are "better" than others, but they are very good.

Last edited:
A trick for this week only: if you, instead of buying the full package of each speaker type, you buy all individual packages and use the promo code "NAMM17" at checkout is actually cheaper :D

Just recorded a very rough clip using these IRs, really digging them so far. This uses a backing track from youtube with most of the guitars removed. The rhythm guitars are both the same patch using the JCM800 with some Slash-style tweaks just swapping the IR. V30 on one side and G12H on the other.

To me they sound really balanced and fit in a mix without tweaking. No post EQ just recorded direct along side the backing track. Levels go a bit off as I've not had chance to finish up the mix. Might grab my MFC tomorrow and record the solo and the intro properly.

Back
Top Bottom