Celestion IR's, who checked them and what do you think?

Andy_V

Hey guys,

in over 1 years of using Axe FX 2 and 3, I never heard or read about someone using the IR's made by Celestion themselves. I'm kind of curious about that, because last week I checked their V30 IR and use it for my USA IIC++ preset. The amp setting remained untouched, I only switched the IR I used before to the new one. To my ears, it sounds better than before. I also made the test with the EVH Celestion signature IR and used it for my 5153 Preset. Less difference the with the USA IIC++, but it also sounds better with more headroom.

I made a short and quick example of how the preset sounds now with bypassed delay:

What about you guys? Did anyone try that Celestion IR's and what do you think about them?

I have a good handful of Celestion IRs and also their Orange pack. They have their own flavour like every other maker's offerings. To me, they're less spectacular than some producer mixes and overall feel like a neutral representation of that speaker. By itself this sometimes isn't as satisfying to play but it could be that it might work well in mixes exactly for that reason.

By the way, I also got the EVH IR specifically for the 5150 models and was not disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom