Celestion IR sale 4/3 - 4/6

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Email I got (no affiliation)

EASTER HOLIDAY SALE!
From 3rd - 6th April we are offering a 40% Discount
on impulse responses at CelestionPlus!

They have a certain style, less low end than I'm comfortable with in general. But some people find they work will in a mix.

Anyway, like with every IR maker, it's your call. Listen to their samples, try their freebie, buy one and try it if you want, they're on sale :)

They have a certain style, less low end than I'm comfortable with in general. But some people find they work will in a mix.

Anyway, like with every IR maker, it's your call. Listen to their samples, try their freebie, buy one and try it if you want, they're on sale :)
I got some, very topy.......

I've gotten more than a dozen of the Celestion IRs over the years and they are among my favorites. (And I have many IRs from many of the third party makers).

If you can't make the Celestion IRs sound great, I don't what to suggest: I sure can.
I currently have actual Celestion A-Type, Lynchback, G10, and G12 35XC speakers: and the IRs are virtually indistinguishable from the actual speaker. As an example: The newer G10 Creamback has a delighfully nuanced midrange and high end: It nails that tighter focus to the overdriven harmonics of a 10" that you don't get from a 12". There are separate high and low gain IRs which make a difference in the accuracy of rendering, so pick the appropriate one for the task at hand.

At the sale, I got the Pulse 12 and 15 Bass IRs (already had the 10"): and just put them through the paces: I find them very impressive. The All-Celestion IR is a carefully balanced all around mic mix that details everything there is from the bass (though maybe a bit sterile for some applications), the AKG D112 IRs emphasize the deep bass and the U47 FET has the mid range loft you'd expect from that mic. There are lots more, of course, and they run the table on micing the speaker for bassier, punchier, slappier, jazzier or whatever interpretation is called for. They are are substantially more dimension than most Bass Speaker IRs. Chose the ones that fit your needs: Or make a custom IR mix with more than one if you're into that sort of thing. I get outstanding results, and expect many others can too.

Back
Top Bottom