Celestion F12M 150 Full Range Speaker

Same here. I thought they sounded great in that video. Right on par with the X200,
though different.

Sadly, the only user reviews on line I can find are from Sweetwater and they are
both less than glowing.
Well based mainly on Justincase's glowing reviews, if you can wait about a month or so, I plan to build 2 Celestion-spec cabs, and put the F12-X200's in them, and I'll post my thoughts here.

I think some of those reviews (I read the ones for the x200 just last night) aren't good because of the cab they mounted them in, and what they are inputting...?

Really? Coool! :)

He built those cabs to spec for those speaks, didn't he? I wonder if I can
convince him to gush some more, or if he is tapped out today?? :)

I'm leaning towards taking a flyer on one, and then trying to squeeze it
into an existing cab I have here. I don't have a good setup for building
cabs right now. Have the tools and could do it, but someone filled my garage
full of crap!!!! ;)

Really? Coool! :)

He built those cabs to spec for those speaks, didn't he? I wonder if I can
convince him to gush some more, or if he is tapped out today?? :)
Here's one of the PM's he sent me:
"I bet you would be super happy with these speakers if you are like me and find the frfr and PA solutions to be somewhat sterile. I mean frfr sound good but just don't have that chest thumping, adrenaline flowing, cab feel I crave when I crank up the volume....ya know?"

Sounds just like what I'm going for. Btw, I just ordered 2 of the F12-X200's, and I'll try to get the cabs built next week.

I bet the Celestion specs for the cab are really important, especially the port.

Well based mainly on Justincase's glowing reviews, if you can wait about a month or so, I plan to build 2 Celestion-spec cabs, and put the F12-X200's in them, and I'll post my thoughts here.

I think some of those reviews (I read the ones for the x200 just last night) aren't good because of the cab they mounted them in, and what they are inputting...?
External power amp?

Yeah, I'm not talking about the F12-X200's. I have no experience with them.

I was just commenting on my experience with the OP's question on the F12m-150 whizzer cone speaker.

New to this thread...for grins did anyone try loading the F12M-150 Triple cone into a marshall 1960B cabinet to see what is sounded like? asking for a friend :)....I am running a matrix 2x12 FRFR now and it is killer but wanted to check out the FRLR speakers to see if there was a difference. Thank you!

Thanks for shattering my unwarranted enthusiasm. ;)
I have similar enthusiasm but I'm a skeptic. I have a pair of passive Atomic Reactor cabs that I would love to try an F12-X200/F12M-150 in, but I don't have high hopes these enclosures will handle those speakers well - they seem very well made but I'm not sure the dimensions would work even if the speaker would fit - maybe someone here can comment. - I don't have any info on what the Atomics look like inside other than that there is 12" driver, 4.5" horn, 1" tweeter + crossover network (never been able to find an internals pic), - they are sealed up like crazy so cracking them open would be a chore in itself. Maybe I should think more about using these enclosures before I get into trying to build some from spec for X200 OR 150.

Last edited:
That's an heck of a setup. :)

I already have a couple of Rocktron 1 x 12 cabs and believe I
will probably just try those (if the 200 fits, which is a current
concern, since it is a deeper design).

Unwarranted enthusiasm notwithstanding I am just gonna trust
my ears and adapt as needed. :)

Did you ever get a chance to test these?

Did you ever get a chance to test these?
@TSJMajesty Inquiring minds want to know... Did you ever get a chance to build the cabs for the F12-X200's, and if so, how did that work out for you?

Back
Top Bottom