Celestion F12M 150 Full Range Speaker

AndrewJay

Inspired
I just saw this new speaker from Celestion. It is like the F12-X200 but lighter weight and at a lower price point.
The video is light on details, but I'm sure the Celestion website would have more specs and whatnot posted.
While I am very happy with my power amp and EVM12L setups, I think this could be a good alternative.
I don't really see how it could be truly FRFR, but it may be a cool in between from a traditional cab setup
and going fully FRFR.

I googled whizzer cone vs coaxial and read through the threads. From what I gather coaxial speakers are the better way to produce high frequencies.

Haha! That is the video that inspired me to give CPR to this thread.

Didn't see there already was another. :)

Haha! That is the video that inspired me to give CPR to this thread.

Didn't see there already was another. :)
All good. They look interesting and based on the second video they sound good as well. I hope that at some point there will be more demos and hopefully some in stores. I know speakers generally don't have a return policy, but depending on the price, it may be a worthwhile chance to take.

Same here. I thought they sounded great in that video. Right on par with the X200,
though different.

Sadly, the only user reviews on line I can find are from Sweetwater and they are
both less than glowing.

I tried one. Had a Fryette 2/50/2 pushing it. I mounted it in a Avatar 1x12 closed-back cab.

Sounded terrible. Weak and fizzy. Rolled several other speakers in the same cab to make sure there wasn't some mechanical issue. But no, it was the speaker.

Now resides comfortably in its box in my attic.

I tried one. Had a Fryette 2/50/2 pushing it. I mounted it in a Avatar 1x12 closed-back cab.

Sounded terrible. Weak and fizzy. Rolled several other speakers in the same cab to make sure there wasn't some mechanical issue. But no, it was the speaker.

Now resides comfortably in its box in my attic.
Did you use it with an IR? (Just for curiosity)

After using the f12-x200 in my diy cabs exclusively for several months I decided to A/B them again against my Yamaha hs50m studio monitors and my Headrush FRFR12s. There's really just no comparison. They sound sterile and feel lifeless compared to the f12-x200s. Highly recommend the f12-x200s

Last edited:
Same here. I thought they sounded great in that video. Right on par with the X200,
though different.
How do you even judge that?

You're hearing sounds that were captured with one or more mics (which color the sound) and played back thru your monitoring solution of choice (which color the sound).

The only good way to know how a speaker sounds is to try it in real life, unfortunately.

How do you even judge that?

You're hearing sounds that were captured with one or more mics (which color the sound) and played back thru your monitoring solution of choice (which color the sound).

The only good way to know how a speaker sounds is to try it in real life, unfortunately.

I'll never watch another gear demo again. I swear. ;)

I'd suggest that maybe that is EXACTLY why I was bumping the thread
and asking for real world experience from others. :)

Ok..that's a pity. I have the F12-X200 in my DIY-cab and it's great. Acts like a guitar speaker and really depicts my IRs quite well. Very recommandable.

Pretty sure that @scorch seems to be referring to the other Celestion speaker designed
for use with modelers. The F12-M150.

Back
Top Bottom