Celestion F12-X200

So for the members that live in UK, where can you get this speaker? I'm planing on going to UK in late May - early June and if I can go to a store and buy it I might just do that :)

For those interested in Canada, I emailed Long & Mcquade asking about availability of this speaker and this was their response:

"Below is the response from our supplier:
'The F12-X200 is not available yet. Celestion introduced the speaker but, as far as I can determine, have not produced any for distribution. They've been promising it will be "available soon" for quite some time now.' "

In other words, who knows when they will be available...

If these do what Celestion says they will Port City will be offereing these in all of our cabs as a FRFR option...stay tuned!

I would be interested in hearing what Port City thinks about these speakers in there OS Wave cab. I have this cab, and I've been considering tring the whole AXE FX thing again. I just started researching FRFR solutions, like usual you find some really expensive options.

For the forum members that live in UK: where can I buy on of these speakers! I will be in UK at the end of the month and I would like to get my hands in one of them!!!

I just got two of these speakers. Finally had them installed into cabs. They are great! Having all the extra high-end frequency available in the speaker really brings out all the great qualities of the effects, as well as all the aspects in the IR that we like. Plus, hearing backing-tracks that sound good coming from the same source as your guitar is very nice! So far, I’m quite happy!

I just got two of these speakers. Finally had them installed into cabs. They are great! Having all the extra high-end frequency available in the speaker really brings out all the great qualities of the effects, as well as all the aspects in the IR that we like. Plus, hearing backing-tracks that sound good coming from the same source as your guitar is very nice! So far, I’m quite happy!
Uh, video???? Please!

jbw

I'm in UK doing some traveling for fun and business and the first thing I did after I got off the plane was to go to a store and buy me this speaker :)

So as soon as I get back home in one week I will test it out!

Attachments

• 20190527_144515.jpg
    20190527_144515.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190527_144337.jpg
    20190527_144337.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 92
Well after a day of testing all I can say is that this speaker ROCKS!!!!!!! It really lets you dial in the tones of your amp and you can listen real good the diferent IRs that you go and test your preset with :) For sure it was a better experience than comming thru the studio monitors in my room. I have yet to do a comparison side by side but I hope to do that this week.

I wish I had an identical cab just running a normal guitar speaker so I can compare but so far so good... tomorow I will test it out with the band and hear how it handles that live test.

Ok so I have to be honest with everyone and say that the previews post was without much time playing around testing the speakers at bedroom levels...

On monday I went to rehersals and the longer I was playing it started make me think my tone was worst and worst, and at the end of the rehersal I was really NOT liking my tome. So on tuesday I played it at home again and I can confirm that it was actually sounding worst than I thought!!! It got to the point that I was really thinking if my AX8 of the speaker where damage and not getting good tones :fearscream:. So after a day to let everything think in I went ahead and started a patch from zero andto makethe story short I have to say that I'm getting now WAY BETTER tones than I ever did! I totally had to change my settings in the amp and IRs but I think that with this speaker I was able to understand better how everything affected the overal tone and got me to a point that I'm really happy with the results.

Next monday I will have rehersals again and I will comment after I finish with the overal results.

HOLY BACONATOR Sweetwater just shipped my F12. I legitimately didn't think this was possible and haven't yet bought/built a cab for it o_O

Back
Top Bottom