Celestion F12-X200

Generally with digital, you want a lot more power in the amp than the speaker is rated for. A "1000W" PA will generally be max out at something like 300-400 real RMS (600ish peak) watts to a 200-250W woofer. That leaves room for transients without hard clipping, and clipping is much more likely than power to damage a speaker.
So this plate amplifier would be a great option then https://www.parts-express.com/act-15x-120v-amp-600-watt-full-range-plate-amplifier-120v--299-2346 ?

But that one has 2 channels and the Celestion F12-X200 has an internal crossover that only needs 1 channel o an amp with full range of frequencies.

Yeah, but that's what they're using for whatever reason, and Mick surely used this amp with the F12 when he posted about it. I was impressed with the performance of the Dayton when I tried a Xitone last year but it'll probably be fine with whatever amp you decide on. Just wanted to throw that out there just in case.

Just messed with the celestion and borrowed a AX8 (traveling). We used a Duncan 170. Sounds just ok. Stock Fractal settings. Clean sounds the best but crunch amps sound like crap. Maybe dialing in eq will help?? Metal style amps sound kinda like helix or any other modelling product( that sizzle sound) In the end I base tone quality realistic sound/feel on clean and mid/crunch tones. Imoa, any metal hi gain tones don’t really give a real interpretation of any real amp in modelling world if that make sense? My axe through my traditional setup sounds better. I mentioned this before, fractal should come up with a fractal -amp -speaker solution to make this easier. Fractal still kicks ass and MOST realistic /convincing, but Still seeking “end result “ solution
Sounds like you are dialing the amps wrong and also not used to listen to them microphone+speaker tone that an IR captures... I know the feeling, took me close to 2 years to really dial crunch and not sound bad in my ears.

Yeah, but that's what they're using for whatever reason, and Mick surely used this amp with the F12 when he posted about it. I was impressed with the performance of the Dayton when I tried a Xitone last year but it'll probably be fine with whatever amp you decide on. Just wanted to throw that out there just in case.

Yep, that be the amp! :)

@MicFarlow How did you powered the speaker since the crossover is internal so it don't need a two channel amp like on your other monitors?

FWIW, I never intended to use the Celestion crossover in my cabs. I am using the Dayton amp and bi-amping the woofer and tweeter. This allows me to design my own crossover with the DSP rather than use the Celestion one.

I never even hooked my sample F12 up using the Celestion crossover actually. I am not saying that the Celestion crossover isn't good or proper. Not at all. It was just never in my plans to use it in my active cabs so as such it never even got a listen on my part.

The wedge with the F12 in it has been in Chicago now for 2-3 weeks being demoed by some folks up there and I've gotten some very nice feedback so far. It'll be going to the west coast next and then back across the country to the upper east coast before coming back to me.

I'll be collating comments and feedback from the folks in Chicago in the coming days and will post them here in the forum.

FWIW, I never intended to use the Celestion crossover in my cabs. I am using the Dayton amp and bi-amping the woofer and tweeter. This allows me to design my own crossover with the DSP rather than use the Celestion one.

I never even hooked my sample F12 up using the Celestion crossover actually.
So please comment some more on how you where able to not use the internal crossover the the F12? Since I haven't seen one in person I don't know what is the actual way to connect the speaker but from photos I only see the regular dual (+) (-) connections that speakers have so I would imagine that you connect it just like a regular speaker and then internally the crossover takes over and distributes the frequencies to the woofer and the tweeter. Much appreciate this feedback because I'm planing on getting one and I have to buy the poweramp to use this with too.

Mic:

How is the sound dispersion with these F12-x200? Do they beam like traditional guitar speakers, or do they have a more even dispersion with different listening angles/positions your ears are relative to the speaker?

Santa is waiting for me to give him a go to get me one jejeje, seriusly I can't wait to gave more videos reviews and to people to try them out and give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom