Celestion F12-X200

Preorders are available at Sweetwater:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...nch-200-watt-replacement-guitar-speaker-8-ohm

And according to them, they have been using the speaker:

"The guitarists here at Sweetwater have used the F12-X200 in modeling amps, backline cabs, wedge monitors, and more — it's a great-sounding full-range speaker!"

Maybe it's me, but I highly doubt that they have ever seen the box never mind actually use the speaker.

Likely someone at Sweetwater demoed one at Namm in Jan. We might finally see this after all...

Likely someone at Sweetwater demoed one at Namm in Jan. We might finally see this after all...

Myth no more! I got to see it today... tomorrow I get to hear it!!!! :)

50D960C3-0160-4CB5-AC0A-9C3A78A41002_zpsglseihnf.jpg

02166067-AC7C-4DE2-B8C8-2ACF49252587_zpszmzao3do.jpg

This thing is in my hands... and will be in a cab very soon!

So, I met with local luthier extraordinaire Gene Baker of B3 Guitars (and Roscoe Guitars and Basses as well) and he was kind enough to give the new Celestion driver a test drive for me.

He used 2 guitars.. a Zakk Wylde Les Paul in drop B tuning and one of his guitars in standard tuning.

The F12-X200 did not disappoint. To me, Celestion has hit the mark in delivering a speaker that has the ability to deliver the articulation and feel that guitarists desire. The bottom end was tight in drop B without being flubby. The high end is nice and smooth.

EDITED TO ADD: It is worth noting that Gene did not edit his patches at all... we only had maybe 30 minutes or so to give it a go with a couple different guitars. END EDIT

There is some video up on Gene's Facebook page and I'll be posting some on mine as well as my Instagram and Youtube pages... as soon as I can figure out how... or get my 10 year old to do it for me! :)

Last edited:
So, I met with local luthier extraordinaire Gene Baker of B3 Guitars (and Roscoe Guitars and Basses as well) and he was kind enough to give the new Celestion driver a test drive for me.

He used 2 guitars.. a Zakk Wylde Les Paul in drop B tuning and one of his guitars in standard tuning.

The F12-X200 did not disappoint. To me, Celestion has hit the mark in delivering a speaker that has the ability to deliver the articulation and feel that guitarists desire. The bottom end was tight in drop B without being flubby. The high end is nice and smooth.

There is some video up on Gene's Facebook page and I'll be posting some on mine as well as my Instagram and Youtube pages... as soon as I can figure out how... or get my 10 year old to do it for me! :)

I'll stick with my CLR but it does sound good in the vid.

Just wondering if these will be more responsive to feedback that you DO want? Love the tone of my two Xitone's with eminence speakers but I do feel they lack some feedback response. And yes before anyone comments, It could be in my EQing!

As for hearing demos of this speaker its all going to be subjective until your actually in front of them.

Thanks for the update Mic. I signed up on the Sweetwater let me know when they are in stock list.

Last edited:
Just wondering if these will be more responsive to feedback that you DO want? Love the tone of my two Xitone's with eminence speakers but I do feel they lack some feedback response. And yes before anyone comments, It could be in my EQing!

Thanks for the update Mic. I signed up on the Sweetwater let me know when they are in stock list.

As soon as I can get these things to sell I'll post here in the forums. Might be before Sweetwater gets them so check often.

EDITED TO ADD: It is worth noting that Gene did not edit his patches at all... we only had maybe 30 minutes or so to give it a go with a couple different guitars. END EDIT

That video sounds darn good. The bassist in my band works at Roscoe/b3 and sure my band used to have practice in that room.

I appreciate the extra effort that they put in to make the speaker “feel” more like a real guitar speaker.

For those of us that use backing tracks through FRFR speakers, will this new feature be an issue when we play a backing track through it?

Back
Top Bottom