Celestion F12-X200 with Axe-Fx 3

I'm curious about these as well.

How close can they get to sounding like other Celestion speakers? How directional are they compared to traditional guitar speakers?

I’ve had my eye on these since they were announced. I wonder how they would do in a Port City vertical 212
Port city had a deal going on awhile back with these speakers. They're still available as an option, but I've yet to hear from anyone who bought one.

I have one on the way. Should be here tomorrow. I grabbed a used Peavey Vypyr 112 cab I am planning on throwing it in. I won't be playing an Axe through it. Though I might see if I can borrow one of my guitar player's various Fractal rigs and see how well the cab works with it.

I can say that these sound great in our Wave cabs. I would be happy to let anyone try them for a week to make their own mind up. If interested please contact me. daniel@portcityamps.com

Daniel
Port City Amps
I forgot about this thread. The F12 is killer sounding. I have it in the Vypyr cab and it still sounds great. I've used my SY300 with it as well as my guitarist's AX8. They both sound stellar through it. Synth stuff, acoustic modeling and regular guitar tones.

I put the F12-x200 in one my Avatar Forte 3D cabinets (1x12) and I am very satisfied with the results. It will be staying in there. I run my AxeFX-III though a Matrix GT-1000 into it.

Back
Top Bottom