Celestion F12-X200 vs FRFR

I did that on mine and wow
I never really used my NL12 (I always prefered my Xitone versus NL12 with PS2 Fryett or matrix 1000 )
But when I dropped a Fx12-200 in it with a PS170
I stopped my quest
Really it is to me the best compromise between FRFR and AITR (power amp on and cab sim on)
Interested in your experience

I did that on mine and wow
I never really used my NL12 (I always prefered my Xitone versus NL12 with PS2 Fryett or matrix 1000 )
But when I dropped a Fx12-200 in it with a PS170
I stopped my quest
Really it is to me the best compromise between FRFR and AITR (power amp on and cab sim on)
Interested in your experience
These speakers ended my quest as well. Love how they feel and interact at program volume.

Hey there! Looking for a good 1x12 cabinet I can buy for a F12 speaker I have that is presently homeless.
Seems like I want a ported design to be closer to Celestial spec.
What do people recommend here is the U.S?

It was previously in an Avatar Forte Replica, which I really like, but I put a Creamback in that and I -heart- that speaker so now its never coming out. : )

It sounds crazy, but in the past I've had good fun running a stereo rig with one side being FRFR and the other being a regular guitar cabinet with a favorite speaker in it. Obviously the IR is only on the FRFR side! : ) It makes the tone changes less drastic but still meaningful across a set.

Last edited:
Hey there! Looking for a good 1x12 cabinet I can buy for a F12 speaker I have that is presently homeless.
Seems like I want a ported design to be closer to Celestial spec.
What do people recommend here is the U.S?

It was previously in an Avatar Forte Replica, which I really like, but I put a Creamback in that and I -heart- that speaker so now its never coming out. : )

It sounds crazy, but in the past I've had good fun running a stereo rig with one side being FRFR and the other being a regular guitar cabinet with a favorite speaker in it. Obviously the IR is only on the FRFR side! : ) It makes the tone changes less drastic but still meaningful across a set.
Hello FPFL, if you want to try it into a NL12 I have seen a forum member here selling his cab. Other than that NL12 Cab I did not try in another cab, so others can chime in.

I installed them and I am getting the best sounds I have ever gotten out of my Axe FXIII

In the past I was using Alnico Creambacks with a Fryette power amp and the Matrix SS amp.

It is great to be able to use the Cab blocks to shape my tone.

Attachments

• D98D9482-9101-45CA-ABF5-EB9B1745C00F.jpeg
    D98D9482-9101-45CA-ABF5-EB9B1745C00F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
I installed them and I am getting the best sounds I have ever gotten out of my Axe FXIII

In the past I was using Alnico Creambacks with a Fryette power amp and the Matrix SS amp.

It is great to be able to use the Cab blocks to shape my tone.

Sweet! The F12 was the missing piece of the puzzle for me too. I give credit for that to @Justincase. Good to see they work well in the Bogner cabs!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Sorry for that. So I presume you tried the FX12-200 in it and did not like it...

Cannot help further but wish you good luck in your quest..
I did not try it in the nl12 and I wish I had. I did try it in a Palmer 112 ported cab and I thought it was, by far, the best FR solution available. However, I only had one F12 speaker and 2 cabs and at that point I was leaning toward staying with a traditional speaker setup.

I could never find the right cabs for my X200’s for good bass, and I had to be at least 10 feet away to get a good mix. I tried six different cabs. I got tired messing with them so I sold them and bought two PXM’s and never looked back. The PXM’s are the best!

Hello, I share the link of a Youtube video of a small audio comparison that I made between the GrGuitar, the CUBO from Blueamp and an F12-X200 mounted in a Harley Benton open back cabinet, the F12-X200 is controlled by a small GSS class D amp

I played a Cory Wong riff which is interesting because it's saturated and a clean sound. There is a small error at the end of the riff....it doesn't matter!
The image does not have very high definition, what matters is the sound comparison of the 3 amps : Video

Hello, I share the link of a Youtube video of a small audio comparison that I made between the GrGuitar, the CUBO from Blueamp and an F12-X200 mounted in a Harley Benton open back cabinet, the F12-X200 is controlled by a small GSS class D amp

I played a Cory Wong riff which is interesting because it's saturated and a clean sound. There is a small error at the end of the riff....it doesn't matter!
The image does not have very high definition, what matters is the sound comparison of the 3 amps : Video
What are your preferences? Geez listening to it at 1:00 in the morning I shouldn't even say whet I think, but they all 3 sound very similar.. I might like the Blueamps one the best, or the GSS, but I can't make up my mind. . haha

Back
Top Bottom