Celestion F12-X200 vs F12M-150

I bought some Greenbacks and Marshall G12 Vintage IRs. The mixes are a great starting point, a lot of mics/positions, the quality was really better than what I knew before and it was not expensive. Now I'm happy! 15$ is fair, just give it a try. Solodallas IR were also good but too expensive. All the other ones I tried were more for metal and not good - often a rug on the cab sound that I don't like. Possibly the Austin Buddy IRs could also be something for you, but I did not test it.

Just start with the F12M in a 2x12" cab, later you can still add the F12. But you need a stereo power amp with two speaker inputs/outputs to use different EQs for every speaker. It's more difficult, if you just want to have 2x 1x12" cabs for stereo. But I would also select the F12M for my blues and hard rock sound. If you want it a bit more studio monitor like, you will need to add the F12. But just the F12 ... mh .. I can't image.

Ah ok, then I made the right decision with the F12M, I don't need the second F12 200. I'm excited about the York P10R IR - if it manages to imitate the Jensen, I'll only leave one speaker on it, if it doesn't manage it, I'll use my second box with the Jensen speaker for my "Black Keys" sounds. - Because it's perfect for my Black Keys sound.

Status after some more testing - don't trust your ears: I changed the EQs again, see attachment.
The F12 is more precise than the F12M but you really need to pay attention, that the high frequencies don't hurt in the ears. At the end of this evening I got this result.
I also have the feeling, that you don't need to reduce the low frequencies lower than 75Hz for the F12. This is more a topic for the F12M. Should be correct if I compare with the Celestion diagrams.
Together it sounds great and I don't miss my studio monitors currently. I will repeat it tomorrow.
I still use these EQ settings but I also learned, that it's just useful for low "bedroom" volume. If I raise the volume up, I need to reduce the high end frequency curve. But without the EQ it is not useful.

It's nice that the curve is so ok. Yes, you can of course hear differently at high volume than at low volume.

I'm now also very happy with the F12M, thanks for the tip. They give you a real guitar feeling in contrast to my monitors. I've managed all of the bands I play so far. The Jensen with the recommended York IRs also works very well.

So I'm very happy with everything right now :) Very good speakers.

Have fun with your stuff

I still use these EQ settings but I also learned, that it's just useful for low "bedroom" volume. If I raise the volume up, I need to reduce the high end frequency curve. But without the EQ it is not useful.
After some month I don't want to change my setup anymore but I always use Studio Monitors and both speakers together in the closed cab. If I deactivate one speaker, something is missing. All together are great. I really recommend this setup at home for low volume.

Back
Top Bottom