Celestion F12-X200 - Plate Amp?

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys!

Given my 10+ years of speaker cabinet design and construction experience (and paralysis from finding a suitable amplified FRFR speaker to use with my hopefully incoming FM3), I’ve decided to give the Celestion F12-X200 a try (whenever the hell they are back in stock).

My question is this. What plate amplifier would you recommend using with this particular driver? It appears to be rated at 200W at 8Ω and not bi-ampable (at least out of the box and without modification).

Bonus question: any clue how this driver would work with a bass guitar, using a bass amp model and cab IR? I’ve seen plenty of people doing this with typical FRFR PA speakers. Just wondering how this driver would fair.

Thanks!

Bass needs a speaker that can handle frequencies down to 40 Hz.

The roll-off in the lows of the X200 is steep and the spec is 60 Hz - 20 kHz. So it won't work well for bass, I guess.

Hey guys!

Given my 10+ years of speaker cabinet design and construction experience (and paralysis from finding a suitable amplified FRFR speaker to use with my hopefully incoming FM3), I’ve decided to give the Celestion F12-X200 a try (whenever the hell they are back in stock).

My question is this. What plate amplifier would you recommend using with this particular driver? It appears to be rated at 200W at 8Ω and not bi-ampable (at least out of the box and without modification).

Bonus question: any clue how this driver would work with a bass guitar, using a bass amp model and cab IR? I’ve seen plenty of people doing this with typical FRFR PA speakers. Just wondering how this driver would fair.

Thanks!
did you ever get a good answer for this? to bad the gm50 isn't being sold that would have been perfect.

Back
Top Bottom