Cd pull-out tray???

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
A few years ago, I build a storage cabinet for my CD collection, and I used some really cool pull-out trays from a company called Flipworks (see the 3-row trays on http://www.flipworks.com/views380.html#).

Fast-forward to now, I need more storage, and want to build a second cabinet. The problem is that Flipworks seems to have stopped making these. The links provided for online purchase are leading to a "page not found" error.

I spent all morning looking for a similar product, only to realize that CDs have gone the way of the dodo bird (everyone downloads their music now?!??!?)

I'm old school, like my money to go to the artist, and like to hold the product in my hand (I won't get into the argument that I can actually hear the compression on MP3's and therefore much prefer CDs).

Help!!! Can anyone suggest any other solution? The end result has to be a decent-looking piece of wood furniture that I will build myself around whatever solution I find. I have a strong preference for pull-out flip trays, but will consider anything practical.

Thanks!

CDs have gone the way of the dodo bird (everyone downloads their music now?!??!?)

Except for a handful of special instances, I haven't used physical media in several years now. I don't really miss it to be honest. Takes up far too much space and gives me one less area to have to clean dust off of.

I'm old school, like my money to go to the artist

Indeed. I truly wish there was a better way in the digital world where artists were able to get more of their money instead of the paltry B.S. allotted them by the big tech/media. Drives me insane the miniscule fraction they get.

like to hold the product in my hand (I won't get into the argument that I can actually hear the compression on MP3's and therefore much prefer CDs).

Eh, the product in the hand thing doesn't bother me as much as it did 10 years or so ago. Guess I just got used to no physical media. As far as MP3's, that would be why I try and do things in a lossless format. Definitely takes up far more space in a drive, but the sound is significantly better for sure.

As far as your goal of the post, I have no answers for that unfortunately. I would think there has to be something on Amazon somewhere though.

A few years ago, I build a storage cabinet for my CD collection, and I used some really cool pull-out trays from a company called Flipworks (see the 3-row trays on http://www.flipworks.com/views380.html#).

Fast-forward to now, I need more storage, and want to build a second cabinet. The problem is that Flipworks seems to have stopped making these. The links provided for online purchase are leading to a "page not found" error.

They might still make them, but simply no longer sell direct. I'd try contacting them before giving up.

If you’re building the cabinet why not just fab the thing you’re looking for? What are we talking about here, a board and a router?

MY cd collection is in here, (see attached image) in my storage unit... after I have extracted every song as high quality mp3's..

1596686687157.png

Back
Top Bottom