AFIII Caught Somewhere in Time - Adrian Smith Solo/Tone

Great job, who was the guitar player on the original?
Adrian Smith… Dave Murray has also been in the band a long time… very different players. Adrian’s vocabulary is a little bit more Michael Schenker derived, while Dave is largely influenced by Jimi Hendrix/Robin Trower (a lot more legato stuff)

This album was released in 1986 and they switched their sound up quite a bit from the previous albums. With the GK’s, and Chorus they established a pretty futuristic tone. It was perfect for those albums… the album cover and stage set was inspired by Blade Runner, and you almost get those vibes from the tones/music.

Cheers!

Hey man that sounds awesome! May I ask which preset did you download from axechange? I found one from Adrian Smithski for my Axe8 but it won't import.

Having some fun messing with a tone match of the GK250ML (this has been available on axechange, I just changed the delay to dotted 1/4 and 1/2 notes to give some more length)

just recorded on my iPhone playing through my Yamaha HS8 system… hope ya dig it. Cheers!!!

¡Increíble, te felicito, es el mismo sonido que el disco Somewhere in Time!
Amo este disco y su sonido, siempre quise lograrlo pero es muy difícil con el AX8...

Back
Top Bottom