Caught Dweezil last night. Wow!

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
His axeII sounded incredible! The band smoked! Second generation of having the finest musicians on the planet playing with a Zappa.

I was lucky enough to see his father three times. He was an incredible guitarist but there was no way at the time of duplicating his studio trickery in a live show. Dweezil's axeII nailed all of dad's tones and even improved on them!

He had this doubling effect that blew my mind. So many cool time based feedback effects. He is definitely taking the axe where no amp can go!

Got to talk to him for a bit after the show. I told him his dad would be proud and that I have a lot of work to do on my AxeII!

Maybe you "had to be there" for the whole Zappa thing to appreciate it. I saw the Zappa plays Zappa show when it came to town and walked out about half way through. I thought it was the most horrible sounding stuff I ever heard in my life. Oh well, different strokes I guess.

Maybe you "had to be there" for the whole Zappa thing to appreciate it. I saw the Zappa plays Zappa show when it came to town and walked out about half way through. I thought it was the most horrible sounding stuff I ever heard in my life. Oh well, different strokes I guess.

I never got into zappa growing up... but saw them open for Dream Theater in Millewalkee (sp) and while not a fan of the music, I could appreciate the musicianship. There were parts where I was like.. how are all those guys on the same page?

Back
Top Bottom