Cat 5 Cables Available @ G66

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi all,

Thought I would share an email I got recently from the guys from G66. They are now doing a good quality cat 5 cable. I haven't ordered one yet as I still need to purchase my MFC-101. But as soon as I get the cash together I will. If anyone does in the mean time please let me know I'd be keen to know what they are like. Here's the email anyway.

Hi Paul,

I'm using the one we are selling, it's the best we were able to find.

In response to the customer enquiries, we now have high-quality, heavy duty RJ-45 Powerlink cables available. With finest strand wiring and tinned copper braid shielding for fast signal flow and a special PVC tubular insulation for great flexibility, plus metal CAT5 connectors for a reliable connection every time. Available in three lengths:

6m €29.-
9m €34.-
12m €39.-

If you want one of those please contact Sussi or Jacques with the kicks@g66.eu mail-address.

Best,

Jochen
G66-support

Got the 9 meter one myself. Excellent quality, sturdy cable and connectors. Only better version I could think of is the Neutrik Ethercon line which would require either some surgery to the MFC and Axe II, or interfaces in the rack and on the pedalboard.

Hi all,

Managed to get a photo of the cat 5 cable that G66 sell. Looks pretty good to me. Will be buying one as soon as I can afford the MFC-101 as well

g66_cat5_12m.jpg

I have brought this up months ago in the MFC section of the (old?) forum:

Is there a danger when you grab a crossover Ethernet cable by mistake? I killed a Line 6 Floorboard with this once :(

I have brought this up months ago in the MFC section of the (old?) forum:

Is there a danger when you grab a crossover Ethernet cable by mistake? I killed a Line 6 Floorboard with this once :(

I'll probably order one if I ever get the Axe 2 I'm on the waiting list for :-(

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom