Cassette Player!!

Got this at thrift store about a month ago. There's something strangely satisfying about the whole tactile experience.
No logic control, no instant skip. Just press play and enjoy. Not even an auto return LOL!!
It's in wonderful shape.
I am trying to locate all my old cassettes now, only found a few so far, but I know I kept them all. Must be 60-70 of them somewhere.
View attachment 112036
I've got about 300 in my closet, including (I think) 3 of the 5 you have there: DLR, Living Colour and Keel.

I have cassettes from 40 years ago, you know what?, most of them still work!
Important ones are the ones I recorded with fellow musicians/friends back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Artist are not so much as I repurchased my cassette artist again in CD's then burned them to HQ mp3's.
I'm guessing everyone her has a pencell with an eraser head to fix your cassette should you have a jam...
LOL 🤣

Very cool DaveO I can’t believe they still sell them. I still have my old band tapes. Not sure we’re they are but I know I still have them. Not a bad price on the tape deck. :)

Yes, we wore the grooves out on the Billion Dollar Babies vinyl, bought it on 8-track, then cassette, now have it on CD… classic classic rock.

Still have a cassette deck and phonograph in the music room, and still enjoy the listening experience. It’s digital catharsis. I did purge the 8-tracks, though. Remember wedging them in place just right to get the stereo working? Not missing that fun. :)

Some new albums are also released on cassette these days. I like this “new” development way more than I probably should. Could be a severe case of nostalgia (I was born in the late 60’s so a teenager in the 80’s) but man tape-decks and cassettes were handy when it came to recording rehearsels, albums and radioshow. This thread made me connect my old tapedeck again and right now I’m blasting the Dokken live album. Got Loudness, Cheap Trick and Kiss lined up… 🤘🏻

OH SON!!! Dual Antennae!! Is it still working?
The tip on one of the antennas is broken. The radio works but I haven’t tried playing a cassette in a while. It has a Biphonic Wide setting that gives it a huge stereo sound. I used to take it with me when I hung with my friends in highschool, back int the early 80’s. I used to bring it on baseball tournaments too, so it’s had beer spilled on it. It’s been through a lot. I should clean it up and check the tape player.

Back
Top Bottom