Cassette Player!!

guitarded

Experienced
Got this at thrift store about a month ago. There's something strangely satisfying about the whole tactile experience.
No logic control, no instant skip. Just press play and enjoy. Not even an auto return LOL!!
It's in wonderful shape.
I am trying to locate all my old cassettes now, only found a few so far, but I know I kept them all. Must be 60-70 of them somewhere.
20221122_122648_HDR.jpg

Got this at thrift store about a month ago. There's something strangely satisfying about the whole tactile experience.
No logic control, no instant skip. Just press play and enjoy. Not even an auto return LOL!!
It's in wonderful shape.
I am trying to locate all my old cassettes now, only found a few so far, but I know I kept them all. Must be 60-70 of them somewhere.
View attachment 112036
This is amazing by the way.
I have a bin of old tapes in my attic, and although it would probably sound like crap, I'd love to have a boom box like that in my garage to drop tapes into.

This is amazing by the way.
I have a bin of old tapes in my attic, and although it would probably sound like crap, I'd love to have a boom box like that in my garage to drop tapes into.
I was surprised it still works as well as it does. No problems at all. When the weather gets warm again, I plan to break this out at our next cookout/movie night!!

I've only started digitizing some cassettes a few weeks ago. I have a lot of recorded stuff back to the late 70ies. I used to record most gigs I went to. The cassettes that often are still good are the bigger name brands, not the third hand ones I used to get from granddad to record over... ;)

Spend a good amount of time with a knock off Walkman pumping jams into my head as a kid. Brings back memories of having to eject the tape and flip it over. My first car had a tape deck. Classic.

Advances in tech suck, I threw away many 8 tacks when i had no working player, threw away many albums when i had no working player (now they have come back dammit) threw away hundreds of tapes when my players quit, won't be long and I'll be throwing hundreds of cd's away. if only i had all the money I have spent on outdated music, movie, and video game items over the last 40+ years.

It's in wonderful shape.
View attachment 112036

I bought it in 1980 at Bay-Bloor Radio in downtown Toronto. 😎

1669936091664.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom