Case (hard or soft) for AX8?

vich

Hi folks! New AX8 owner and new forum participant here! Glad to be a part of the community!

This may have already been covered, but is there a good proven resource for a case that fits the AX8? Hard case or padded soft case will do. I'm using my AX8 for church worship team, and I'm transporting it with no protection at all...makes me feel vulnerable and insecure. :)

Thanks!

-vich

I use a rolling laptop bag made by Targus. Holds my AX8, expression pedal, wires and other miscellaneous junk. You can find them at Staples, Walmart, etc. I would not tour with one, but I drag mine all over the place locally with no issues at all.

I travel and do something like 150 dates a year. I use a pedaltrain classic 2 with the hard case and it hasnt let me down since i got my AX8 about a year ago. Its a snug fit, but I prefer it that way.

I travel and do something like 150 dates a year. I use a pedaltrain classic 2 with the hard case and it hasnt let me down since i got my AX8 about a year ago. Its a snug fit, but I prefer it that way.
I was thinking about this. Does it also fit two expression pedals?

I was thinking about this. Does it also fit two expression pedals?
It probably could but be very tight with a pedal that has inputs on the sides. I used to have 2 EB VPJR's and a MFC101 on a board, but those were darn near touching each other to fit. I now only have one mission pedal on the board, and 2 smaller pedals, its still tight, but id rather have the smaller board even though I have thought about upgrading to a pro.

I know this has already been answered, but here's another good option I think
http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-gear-brief-case.html

I don't have the bag or my ax8 available at the moment to get an exact fit, but I know the ax8 fits with a bit of wiggle room in the main compartment. There would be room in there for the ax8, some cables, MAYBE an expression pedal but I think that would be tight. The pockets on the front give you room for more cables, power supplies, pedals, whatever else. The pocket on the side is removeable, uses standard MOLLE webbing. I feel like the EV-1 would fit in that side pouch, but again, can't test it right now. The advantage there is that if you don't use an expression pedal, the pocket can be removed the streamline the bag a bit. It also means you can look into other standard MOLLE pouches to better suit your needs, and you also have webbing on the other side to attach a second one. Last big bonus is a separate (slightly) padded laptop compartment on the back.

I originally bought the bag for travel around afghanistan with my laptop and a change of clothes. It definitely stands up to wear and tear, I've had mine for about 4 years now.

So...there's that.

Hi folks! New AX8 owner and new forum participant here! Glad to be a part of the community!

This may have already been covered, but is there a good proven resource for a case that fits the AX8? Hard case or padded soft case will do. I'm using my AX8 for church worship team, and I'm transporting it with no protection at all...makes me feel vulnerable and insecure. :)

Thanks!

-vich

If your AX8 just travels between home and church, then a soft case would be better. Hard case is better if you travel a lot with it.

option A: leather man-bag (by far the lightest option....if Hemingway played electric...)
option B: rolling laptop bag (easiest to transport with all accessories)
option C: pedalboard hardcase (just take the cover off, plug in an play)
option D: Pelican Case (everything proof and lightweight)

I use a rolling laptop bag made by Targus. Holds my AX8, expression pedal, wires and other miscellaneous junk. You can find them at Staples, Walmart, etc. I would not tour with one, but I drag mine all over the place locally with no issues at all.
I got a rolling laptop bag from Office Depot and mine has hard walls so I'm actually able to use it as a mini dolly for my wedge as well. These rolling laptop cases are great options.

Back
Top Bottom