• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

CARVIN VIA AMP?

JiveTurkey

Experienced
Slightly tangentially related to this discussion. I have always wanted to try the Legacy 3. Mainly because form factor.

RevDrucifer

Power User
Slightly tangentially related to this discussion. I have always wanted to try the Legacy 3. Mainly because form factor.

Same. I also loved the way they sounded from the demos I heard and seems like they tweaked some mids/cardboard out of it, but having it fit in a rack plus MIDI control was a perfect situation. Hated the way it looked, though. I had the original head and it’s one of my biggest regrets, selling it. I’d definitely buy one if I saw it for a decent price. I’d imagine they’re just going to jump up $100-$200 a year with Carvin out the picture now.

JiveTurkey

Experienced
Same. I also loved the way they sounded from the demos I heard and seems like they tweaked some mids/cardboard out of it, but having it fit in a rack plus MIDI control was a perfect situation. Hated the way it looked, though. I had the original head and it’s one of my biggest regrets, selling it. I’d definitely buy one if I saw it for a decent price. I’d imagine they’re just going to jump up $100-$200 a year with Carvin out the picture now.
I haven't seen any on the used market for quite some time. I don't like the color scheme at all either.

wildNcrafty

I have this sitting on top my refridge, its so heavy only place to place it for now. Bought it only for the 10 tubes inside to mic into a tb3 interface. Its 5150 ish sound appeals to my taste of bright-ness. Soldano, vh4, are my other must have textures/

Attachments

• 6505 amp.jpg
    6505 amp.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5

fcs101

Inspired
I have this sitting on top my refridge, its so heavy only place to place it for now. Bought it only for the 10 tubes inside to mic into a tb3 interface. Its 5150 ish sound appeals to my taste of bright-ness. Soldano, vh4, are my other must have textures/
Which is why I love modelers!

wildNcrafty

Whats going to be included in the update? I recieved the recent update with cab res. and extra pedals. Thankyou for the reply.

RevDrucifer

Power User
I haven't seen any on the used market for quite some time. I don't like the color scheme at all either.

Ugly as all hell, every version of them! I was quite bummed because the metal grille Ecstasy is one of my favorite looking amps, I figured for sure it would have some kind of aesthetic between that and a Marshall and while I can get down with swirl guitars or guitars with handles, that shit was just ugly.

Top Bottom