Carvin DCM1540L ULTRA LIGHT LINEAR 1500W POWER AMP and AFX2

It would definitely be safe. Just be careful with your volumes. Just don't push it too hard, or push the frequencies too low for your speakers.

At what point should someone be concerned regarding wattage?
For example I have a cab with an eminence cannabis rex that's only 50 watts.
At what point would it be unsafe to use the 1540 amp with this speaker?

It's more a matter of how hard you're driving the speakers, than the power amp rating. You can safely run a much larger amp, as long as you don't get carried away (ie. crank the amp to full power and turn your Axe Fx output to a point that is overdriving the speakers). I would think you would be in pain, before you would blow the speakers, but guess that depends on your pain threshold.

It's more a matter of how hard you're driving the speakers, than the power amp rating. You can safely run a much larger amp, as long as you don't get carried away (ie. crank the amp to full power and turn your Axe Fx output to a point that is overdriving the speakers). I would think you would be in pain, before you would blow the speakers, but guess that depends on your pain threshold.

Low pain threshold here :) I'm going to try it. The C-Rex is a cheap speaker anyway so if it goes I'm OK with that. Mostly will be using that cab for personal monitoring anyway so I think it will be fine.

I use the Dcm1540l with a pair of Xitone wedges and love it. I play a little bit of everything. Get the class A/B if you can handle the power.

I see your playing through some XiTone Wedges. Do you feel a pair of passive is as good as the active with the Matrix amps?

Well, I ordered at DCM1540L for use with my 212 Recto cab. I should have it by the weekend so I'll definitely have some feedback about that setup by the middle of next week. Just hoping I don't blow the speakers out.

Well, I ordered at DCM1540L for use with my 212 Recto cab. I should have it by the weekend so I'll definitely have some feedback about that setup by the middle of next week. Just hoping I don't blow the speakers out.

I strongly advise you to use with the front panel gain controls set no higher than 12:00 o'clock on the DCM-1540L.

I'm toying with the fact of going with Carvin for both amp and speaker cabinets. I really like the design of the TRx series of FRFR wedges, but also like the look and mostly the feel of a real guitar cab. The slanted 2x12 they have is probably the most appealing to me so far only because I hate the fact that my sound is hitting me in the back of my legs rather than the middle of my back. I could always go with a wedge up front as well, but would like to keep the source behind me.

1540 is freaking awesome.

Last jam session the owner of the place came by as we were setting up gushing over my buddies 1983 jcm 800 ( understandably).

He looked at my rig, Axe II -> Carvin DCM1540L -> Splawn 2x12 and was initially dismissive of it when he realized even the power amp was solid state. You know, the same old tired speech we all here about having to have tubes blah blah blah.

Then I turned it on!

Guy about shit himself.

Took back everything he said.

I don't know anything about the Matrix, but the Carvin is as clean a power amp as you would ever need.

Loud as hell! Enough power to handle as much bottom end as you want.

Light.

It lets the Axe FX do it's thing without coloring it.

Did I say it was loud?

Just buy it!

Back
Top Bottom