Carvin announcing Legacy 3 Unveiling at NAMM 2012!

GuitarDojo

Got the Carvin cat today and on the corner of the front cover

LEGACY 3 unveiling at Namm

Talk amongst yourselves... Carvinites POST....sell it to me

Reactions: jon
I love my Legacy. I spent time tearing it apart, frying defective tube boards, modifying it.. I love my little beast. All of my tube amps are gone now, save that one. I run a mixed quad of EL34 + 6L6 in it. I have my personal fav Brimar ECC83, JJ, and Tung Sol tubes I run in it. The reverb pan is in a closet. The front and rear panels have not been in place for.. nearly a decade.

And I wanted to try the Legacy II. I will want to try a Legacy III. But, my Axe-Fx II + Legacy head are enough. I think. Maybe not...

The Legacy II, aside from the MV chatter, seemed more of an, "improvements for the live performer" over a head that someone would need in the studio. By that, I mean... I do not need.. nor really want.. a channel switcher amp. Yes, the Legacy I is two channels, but it is still "stripped down" enough for me :D Of course I will be watching for NAMM clips and reports about it now... while waiting for a Legacy model to be added to the Axe II :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really liked the Legacy I played through. It belonged to Mr. Vai, but I have no reason to believe that it was modified. I went straight in from the guitar. Great lead tone.

Inside info: the Legacy III is a micro head. Expect less wattage so you can actually play the thing without killing small kittens, and size will probably be around the size of Carvin's V3M.

Probably 50W or 60W, with switchable 10/25w. Most likely still MIDI enabled, and 3 channels.

The 100b was an interesting amp, but he didn't just have them re-issue a skinned version of that for a reason (though I think they did a run of the 100 again later I forget).
Having played both, the Leg is a better amp for his modern sound by a mile.

I actually love the x100 - they had a reissue of it, and man I almost traded my V3 for it! Really sweet amp. Nothing like the legacy tho, which is another favorite (for leads only tho lol)

I actually love the x100 - they had a reissue of it, and man I almost traded my V3 for it! Really sweet amp.
with Dweezil being "part of the FAS family" they could try to get their hands on his Dad's old X100b for modeling purposes...now that would be killer ;)

Back
Top Bottom