Carrying case?

Is there room for an expression pedal as well in this bag?

I love this bag! I have had so many different cases for my AX-8 - the Sam's Club Pelican knock off (great case, but just enough room for AX-8), the Temple Audio Trio 28 and soft case, which ended up being very big, and very heavy, and the Menards bag. I fit the AX-8, 2 EV1s on the inside, Shure wireless and power supply in the outer pockets, music notes in the other, and cords I need for the gig on the other outside pocket. Yes, it is heavy, but I love how compact it is, everything has its place, and I feel everything is well protected (it just is me handling it, and it only goes from my trunk to the stage and back). Great buy, and would do it again without hesitation.

Here’s a pic with the AX8 and a Boss pedal. Room for cables too. Can't beat the price.

AX8 Case.jpg

Would anyone who owns this pedalboard case by SKB, care to comment on how well the AX8 and an expression pedal fit?

I've been reading the comments on the forum and on Amazon and I'm reading conflicting comments. Some say it fits the AX8 perfectly, in terms of height, others say it doesn't quite fit. On Amazon the height/depth, is listed as 3" but on the SKB site, it's listed as 4".

sku_view_image.php

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=589&o=&offset=&c=85&s=75

Thanks

Hello!

I have 2 of these SKB cases for the AX8 and an EV-1.
They fit really well! There is about 1" between both pieces.
The eggshell foam on the inside top applies just enough pressure to keep things in place, without damaging any knobs etc.
I'll try to add some pictures within the next 24 hours.

Highly recommended!!

I prefer my Mono Fly Rig backpack. My 8 fits perfectly and plenty of room for cables, whatever. Throw it over your shoulder like any backpack and you’re rollin.
AX8 fits snug and secure.
Good luck.

Literally picked up my AX8 (secondhand but worth it) about 3 days ago and due to logistics induced limited options, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Mono Club 2.0. I'm going to be using the bag for an AX8, an EMB Pedal Wah and an EV2 but am not sure if the Mono will be the best choice.

Also, this is my first comment on the forum. As a longtime jealous unregistered lurker who desperately wanted in, it feels so good to finally be a part of the Fractal family!

Congrats and welcome. You'll love the AX8 and purchase the AustinBuddy tonepack to save yourself hours and hours of tweaking. It's incredible and not expensive at all. I use my PRS gig bag for my guitar and the Mono Flypack backpack for the AX8. Fits perfect, holds a ton, throw it over your shoulder like any backpack and off you go. That's how I roll and it works perfect for me. Good luck and have fun.

Literally picked up my AX8 (secondhand but worth it) about 3 days ago and due to logistics induced limited options, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Mono Club 2.0. I'm going to be using the bag for an AX8, an EMB Pedal Wah and an EV2 but am not sure if the Mono will be the best choice.

Also, this is my first comment on the forum. As a longtime jealous unregistered lurker who desperately wanted in, it feels so good to finally be a part of the Fractal family!
Mono is dope. Why would you think it would not be good? Someone posted a killer skb bag above and it is has a great price

Mono is dope. Why would you think it would not be good? Someone posted a killer skb bag above and it is has a great price
I'm primarily concerned about whether it will have enough space for the AX8 and the two pedals + cables but also be snug enough so that the things don't move around and scratch each other during travel...

I'm primarily concerned about whether it will have enough space for the AX8 and the two pedals + cables but also be snug enough so that the things don't move around and scratch each other during travel...
I keep an AX8 and two EV2 pedals in my Mono Kontroller. I put a plastic divider between the AX8 and EV2s to keep them from scratching up the side of the AX8. Fits like a glove.

Worry not. Here's my 365 holding my AX8, expression pedals, iPad, 3-ring binder, and a bunch of other stuff.

1575879016913.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom