Carrying case?

Thanks man!
That really looks cool and has all the things needed. Only minus is, that it is little pricey...gonna keep this still on the list.
Yes, they're a bit pricey. Keep an eye an eBay, Reverb and Amazon. Once in a while, you can snatch up a deal, especially on a used one.

Reactions: DTS
I've never seen one in person. It looks like it might have a lot of what you'd want in an AX8 case, but I'd be concerned that the main compartments are only 2" deep. The AX8 is considerably thicker than that.

You are right. I emailed to thoman and askwd if the middle cushion is removable.

You are right. I emailed to thoman and askwd if the middle cushion is removable.
Actually I bought it, after reading a review somewhere on this forum. It's cheap indeed. The middle cushion is NOT removable, so I cut it manually. It's not very proper but it does the job well. I don't use it now as I bought the Mono 365: much more comfortable, better protection but more expensive (bought it 110€).

Reactions: DTS
Actually I bought it, after reading a review somewhere on this forum. It's cheap indeed. The middle cushion is NOT removable, so I cut it manually. It's not very proper but it does the job well. I don't use it now as I bought the Mono 365: much more comfortable, better protection but more expensive (bought it 110€).

Thanks man!
I ordered one. For 33€ + 12€ shipping I believe it gets the job done for me. Just have to cut the middle cushion away then. :)

I was using this suitcase that I got for $30 for the Helix when I had it but it turns out it will work out just fine for the AX8.

I had a bunch of 1" rigid insulation from my basement remodel. I lined the bottom of the suitcase with a piece and then cut pieces for all the sides. I had to double up on the back side so the helix would fit nice and snug. That also added more protection in case I set the case down on its side. After I made sure everything fit I took an old keyboard bag that was lined with 1/2" thick foam, cut pieces to fit all the rigid foam pieces, glued with spray adhesive and put it all under the suitcase liner so it would't be seen. Took some heavy duty egg crate foam I had and cut a piece to go on top and the back edge of the AX8 and around the expression pedal.I need to add a little more padding above the expression pedal but nothing is moving as it is now.

IMG_0020_zpswydmrnho.jpg
5bae496c-807d-4ed2-8077-367ac0ec6b1f_zpsqevd37jb.jpg

So I'm not sure I really wanted the mono 365. Lol. I didn't need a backpack. Doh. How are you folks packing who have it? I have two Fractal pedals, AX8 and two 10' speaker cables, Exp pedal cables. The pedals kind of fit in the two side pockets. The speaker cables in the front and the exp led cables are easy. But it's real tight. How you guys packing it?

So I'm not sure I really wanted the mono 365. Lol. I didn't need a backpack. Doh. How are you folks packing who have it?
Pretty much as you described, and as I posted here:

Yes. Here's my AX8, two expression pedals, iPad, binder, cables and assorted other gear. Everything wrapped in soft, smooth material. Everything but the binder is separated by at least one layer of dense, closed-cell foam.

View attachment 35718 View attachment 35719 View attachment 35720

The pedals kind of fit in the two side pockets.[/quote[
The pedals fit almost perfectly.

...it's real tight.
It's snug, but it's not straining any seams or anything. The padding dense enough to protect well without being very thick.

Look what i found. This looks great and doesn't break the bank.

https://www.thomann.de/fi/thomann_producer_backpack.htm

Have any of you bought this?

Just to update, that i have had this backbag for a week now and it really gets the job done. It doesn't offer much of a protection. It has cushions, that will protect from the little pokes, but if i would drop the backbag little harder... I wouldn't count on it in that case.

Other than that. I have my AX8 and 15" MBP and Focusrite scarlett in there and that is all i need to carry.

I just got a gewa mixer case and it's excellent, it takes the unit plus a Roland ev5,all my cables and 2 guitar stands, just have this bag and my guitar and im ready to gig is a great case and so light on my shoulder

Attachments

• DSC_0046-576x1024.JPG
    DSC_0046-576x1024.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 71
  • _20170311_155721-1024x640.JPG
    _20170311_155721-1024x640.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 57
  • _20170311_155655-576x1024.JPG
    _20170311_155655-576x1024.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0045-1024x576.JPG
    DSC_0045-1024x576.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 49
So I'm not sure I really wanted the mono 365. Lol. I didn't need a backpack. Doh. How are you folks packing who have it? I have two Fractal pedals, AX8 and two 10' speaker cables, Exp pedal cables. The pedals kind of fit in the two side pockets. The speaker cables in the front and the exp led cables are easy. But it's real tight. How you guys packing it?
Henry, I found that I could fit a Mission expression pedal next to the AX8 in the pocket if I needed more things in the side pockets. With two, I'd do exactly as you do (using each pocket) just to balance the weight. It works really well for me.

Joe Rogers is using the Kontroller bag, and it is more of a briefcase sort of arrangement, and he was keeping the same sort of things you are in his. He had pictures of it in one of the posts on AX8 bags.

Here's a tip for fellow Swedes if there are any. I was looking to get a Peli Air 1535 to be able to fly with my AX8 as carry on baggage. It has kind of a hefty price tag though, so I started looking around for alternatives. Lo and behold I found a case at Clas Ohlson (a Swedish kind of handyman's store), with the same measurements and customizable foam at like a third of the price of a Peli case (1000 Swedish kronor, about 110 bucks/euros). It might not have the same build quality as a Peli case, but I have taken it with me on two recent tours and it has done the job perfectly. I can fit the AX8, my Macbook, some string packs and the cables I need in it. My fellow guitarist in my band fit an AX8, an expression pedal and a Shure wireless system and cables in his. The foam is a bit weak and will come apart after a while (made up of "cubes", but I bet you could get better foam for cheap somewhere else), but besides that - highly recommended!

I think they have stores in the UK, Germany, Finland and some other places.

Can't post links yet, but just google "Clas Ohlson", go to the UK webstore and search for "instrument trolley case".

Last edited:
Yup, that's the one! The weight with the AX8 in it will exceed what a lot of airlines allow, but I have never had to weigh my carry on. Hell, the AX8 by itself (almost) exceeds that weight limit :D

Back
Top Bottom