Carrying case?

So my new Pelican Air 1555 turned up today and i'm really happy with it's size and weight. It is SUPER light and there is plenty of height to stack layers within the case and mold the pick-out foam to suit your needs, without it being too bulky. PIc below shows it compared to my other diago board.

By cutting out two rectangles i was able to fit in everything i need (this is for touring) including cables below the ax8 and two roland ev-5s stacked on top of each other. The lid has a few cms of depth with foam to nicely cushion the top of the ax8.IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG IMG_0156.JPG IMG_0157.JPG IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG

FWIW, I'm using the AX8 with two Dunlop DVP4 mini volume pedals that I use for volume and wah expression pedals as an all-in-one small footprint solution. After reading all the discussion about the options available for cases, I settled on a Mono Kontroller from Amazon for $119, 2 day delivery with Prime. Great bag. The bag is built like a brick s**thouse, the AX8 fits snugly in there and is very well padded and protected, and the two pedals fit on end right alongside it, one stacked on the other, and I can fit all my cables and papers and my tablet in there as well in the various pockets. Works great for me!

I've just there taken delivery of my new SKB case. Seems to fit the AX8 and an EV-1 very nicely :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_142825.jpg
    IMG_20160818_142825.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20160818_142841.jpg
    IMG_20160818_142841.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20160818_142847.jpg
    IMG_20160818_142847.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20160818_142903.jpg
    IMG_20160818_142903.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 191
I've just there taken delivery of my new SKB case. Seems to fit the AX8 and an EV-1 very nicely :D
Is that the SC2311? They must have changed the dimensions. I had one briefly. The EV-1 was too long, and the AX8 bulged when I zipped the case closed.

Is that the SC2311? They must have changed the dimensions. I had one briefly. The EV-1 was too long, and the AX8 bulged when I zipped the case closed.

Nope, its the SC2111. This one still bulges a little to get it closed, but I'm experimenting taking out the egg foam and so far that seems to be working out. But even when it's in, it's not THAT bad and it'll keep the AX8 and EV-1 nice and secure.

Nope, its the SC2111. This one still bulges a little to get it closed, but I'm experimenting taking out the egg foam and so far that seems to be working out. But even when it's in, it's not THAT bad and it'll keep the AX8 and EV-1 nice and secure.

I also just got the SC2111 case. I think it fits the AX-8 perfectly with the egg foam in place - puts just enough pressure on the foot bar piece to hold in place inside the case. I have not noticed a bulge on outside of case. Really satisfied with this for an inexpensive case.

@cataclysm that Pelican case looks great! Nice find. For the amount of protection it offers it's reasonable priced. Has me wondering if my PedalTrain board with my MFC would fit in one. I've destroyed the PedalTrain soft bag it came with. It's all ripped and torn at the spots where the board puts pressure against the bag like at the edges of the board and corners of the MFC.

I'm using the soft shell case that came with my Pedaltrain NOVO 24. It's much lighter than the hard shell case. And I can wrap up my cable snake inside it. Not much protection but I'm not loading it with a bunch of other gear just in my SUV with my other guitars and XiTone's.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
+1 on SKB-SC2111. I've read posts mentioning tight fit issues and etc.... to me, fits like a glove and I think it is the most budgetary option out there. Helix Backpack looks neat but why to spend so much money? Same with expression pedals - bought brand new Moog for $40 and works flawlessly....

Anyone have any suggestions for a carrying case that is able to contain the AX8 + 2 expression pedals? I currently have a Diago Showman case which contains my MFC101 + two expression pedals and a Shure wireless receiver. However, the internal height of the Diago is 100mm. If the AX8 has the same height as the FX8 (100.6mm) then it will be a very tight fit.

I ordered one of these from Salvage Custom 30 x 15 which should fit the AX8 and two expression pedals.
db34ff281e85aaa1811a63270721d6e3.jpg

screen-shot-2016-09-01-at-12-47-00-pm-png.940461

Since the AX8 is intended to be a portable rig, is there/will there be an official FAS carrying case for it?

I have a medium sized pedal train case that I use. I put a towel in there to keep it from getting banged up. It is enough room for the AX8, cables and pedals

Funny you should say that, I've been using one for the last few weeks with my AX8 after replacing my GT-100.
It fits fairly well, with space for an expression and a few extras as you can see. It's pretty snug up against the top foam, so it doesn't move around, but you need to push down the top a little to zip it up. It's actually a really solid case. Not sure what the base material is though. It's nice and light too.

Thanks for sharing this,.... I'm currently using this for my GT-100 as well,.. and was researching a case for the AX8+ Expression pedal & Chords.... looks like that's a done deal!

Rick

Back
Top Bottom