Carrying case?

FWIW, I emailed Mono support about this. They're watching the forum! And let it be known I'd be more than happy to beta test any prototypes that may come along ;-)

I'm using an ATA briefcase that I used for my MFC-101. I had to remove the paper holder that was glued to the top inside lid for the AX8 to fit. I'll probably add a little foam to the sides so that the AX8 doesn't slide around inside and get scuffed up by the metal valance. My case was made by Mike's cases in Denver,CO in the 90's. I don't know if they're in business anymore and I don't know the interior dimensions of other companies' briefcases, but I'm sure they'd let you know or make you one to fit.

Last edited:
The Mono Kontroller bag is gone from the website
They were doing a site update. It's back now: http://monocreators.com/the-kontroller/

A dozen transports of my Kontroller + AX8 + EV1 now and I'm really loving it. With the Dual bag on my back, and my speaker in the other hand I'm not lugging much weight and carrying everything I need. The EV1 has marked up the side of my AX8 a wee bit from rubbing against when I pull them in and out of the bag. Nothing terrible. But if that sort of thing stresses you out: be warned, you'll need a bit of plastic or something between them.

ah, I see thx. would be nice if they'd narrow that bag up and put 2 pockets on the front that would each hold an expression pedal

http://monocreators.com/pedalboard-club/

Are there many people using this? I'm looking for something that will hold the AX8 and at least 1 EV-1 maybe 2.

The CLUB model looks to fit just the AX8. The TOUR model has quite a bit more room.

Are you using extra foam / padding to take up the free space?

M80-PB-1.jpg

They were doing a site update. It's back now: http://monocreators.com/the-kontroller/

A dozen transports of my Kontroller + AX8 + EV1 now and I'm really loving it. With the Dual bag on my back, and my speaker in the other hand I'm not lugging much weight and carrying everything I need. The EV1 has marked up the side of my AX8 a wee bit from rubbing against when I pull them in and out of the bag. Nothing terrible. But if that sort of thing stresses you out: be warned, you'll need a bit of plastic or something between them.

Looking at the dimensions from their site Kontroller = 20 x 13 x 3, is the 3" depth enough room and is it padded inside to protect the AX8?

I really wish MONO would make something for the Pedaltrain Terra... Pedaltrain didn't think to install some kind of shoulder strap to it's soft bag when they did for the Pro line.

I had a StudioSlips case for my MFC and it was awesome. They make everything to order off the dimensions.
I ordered a StudioSlips Suitcase Bag for my AX8 today. I can't find any pictures of one in use for an AX8 but hopefully I will lie it. I have a dust cover from them for my Helix and it's nice. I did a lot of options on it and it was still quite a bit cheaper than the Mono Kontroller I was going to get. I added a padded strap, two pockets, extra padding etc.

Got SKB-SC2111 case yesterday. Very light, but has great padding. AX8 fits nicely and there is room for an expression pedal (have not yet measured what width will fit). Very happy with the purchase.

So I have one of those that I used for my Control 2. I stuck the AX8 in it yesterday, and I found that closing it does put a bit of pressure on the kick bar. Did you find the same? Does that bother you? Just wondering if it's really protected that way.

RR

So I have one of those that I used for my Control 2. I stuck the AX8 in it yesterday, and I found that closing it does put a bit of pressure on the kick bar. Did you find the same? Does that bother you? Just wondering if it's really protected that way.

RR
It bothered me enough to return it. The walls on that case are fairly thin. If you can't close it all the way so the walls meet, then it's not protecting it the way I want it to.

It bothered me enough to return it. The walls on that case are fairly thin. If you can't close it all the way so the walls meet, then it's not protecting it the way I want it to.

It is odd that it doesn't fit given that the advertised interior height is 4in. It's a shame because I do like the case. Given how little I leave home though, I see no reason to spend hundreds on a bag. I have laptop cases coming out my ears, so I'll have to see if it will fit in any of them.

RR

It is odd that it doesn't fit given that the advertised interior height is 4in. It's a shame because I do like the case. Given how little I leave home though, I see no reason to spend hundreds on a bag. I have laptop cases coming out my ears, so I'll have to see if it will fit in any of them.

RR
Interestingly, they advertise it as 4" deep, but the box it comes in is marked 3-3/4".

Back
Top Bottom