Carrying case?

6DCBBDDA-5A9B-4759-81AD-2DB618830600.jpeg
Looks like Menards may be discontinuing these. Other sources still showing upon search but a little more expensive. I got one for $50 (now $42 at Menards) and thought that was a good deal. Been using mine for a over a year now. Great bag for the AX8. View attachment 53858

I almost bought one of those, and I still might, but I did pick up one of these to carry my AX8 in:

https://www.plasticase.com/shop/large/nanuk-940/

It has just enough room for the recommended 2” border around the AX8. $107, shipped.

Last edited:
@Seth Centerbar - I bought the big brother next to it for $40 - it gives me space for expression pedals and cables. It's heavy, but it beats my SKB pedal board which is heavy too, doesn't have wheels, and everything moved around inside. I need to get a board cut to make a false floor, then I'll post either pics or video. And yes, thanks to @Geosh @flash6 for the suggestions.
This (Sam's Club Member's Mark 24" Protective Rolling Case) is a great choice if tour and have other people packing up your rig. I only play at church and this case became too much. It is heave with nothing in it. After a while, the foam came apart and I need to get new foam cut for my gear.

I decided to try the MONO EFX Flyby - Backpack, and it is feakin' awesome for me. Yes, it is very expensive for a backpack, but it fits my AX8, 2 Mission Expression Pedals (SP-1 and Aero), my Line 6 G50 Relay, and power cables. It is nice and lightweight. I now have a free hand to carry something else.

Last edited:
Ditton Joe on the Mono Flyby backpack. Very pricey at $220 but really sturdy, a ton of space and a ton of padding. Will also use for vacation, travel etc besides gigs but man that thing is nice. The pedal fits really snug and plenty of room for all your other needs. Highly recommend.

I have a "Gator GK-1610 Gig Bag". This bag fits the AX8 perfectly with an extra pocket on the front for wires and miscellaneous accessories. It's simple and provides great protection during transport--however, no room for the EV-1 :( Gator.png

0F9CA1BF-EAD6-4117-AA9E-18E1A6C18DCE.jpeg Mates,

I carry my ax8 in a suitcase by American tourister... Super perfect. 30 seconds to be ready on stage. Does not move inside it. Minimum foot print. Perfect to me. I can go with my guitar and this suitcase included cables and everything.

Would anyone who owns this pedalboard case by SKB, care to comment on how well the AX8 and an expression pedal fit?

I've been reading the comments on the forum and on Amazon and I'm reading conflicting comments. Some say it fits the AX8 perfectly, in terms of height, others say it doesn't quite fit. On Amazon the height/depth, is listed as 3" but on the SKB site, it's listed as 4".

sku_view_image.php

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=589&o=&offset=&c=85&s=75

Thanks

Would anyone who owns this pedalboard case by SKB, care to comment on how well the AX8 and an expression pedal fit?

I've been reading the comments on the forum and on Amazon and I'm reading conflicting comments. Some say it fits the AX8 perfectly, in terms of height, others say it doesn't quite fit. On Amazon the height/depth, is listed as 3" but on the SKB site, it's listed as 4".

sku_view_image.php

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=589&o=&offset=&c=85&s=75

Thanks
I own one but never checked to see if it fits, I can tell you the straps to keep the top from opening to far is lame, the straps are too short and the top part never stays open by its self (design fumble) the straps should have been an extra inch or so.... Outside of that a nice case....

I can tell you the straps to keep the top from opening to far is lame, the straps are too short and the top part never stays open by its self (design fumble) the straps should have been an extra inch or so.... Outside of that a nice case....

Now that you mention it, you can see that from the pic. Definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks.

sku_view_image.php

Thanks
I bought one of those a couple of years back. The box and the marketing materials say it's 4" deep. It's actually 3-3/4" deep (measured).

You can close it on the AX8 and zip it up. But you have to force the lid closed, and the lid is slightly flexed under the strain as long as the AX8 is inside it. Not something I want to do to a block of EPS foam.

Also, there is no way to fit the AX8 and an EV-1 into it. A smaller expression pedal might fit.

Ended up with the Mono FlyRig and yep, a bit pricey but worth it. My first gig with it this weekend. Packed everything with room to spare. Thru backpack over my shoulder, carried my PRS in my lite gig back and off I went. Very simple, worked great. Will also use it without AX8 on trips/vacations.... holds a large amount of stuff. Good day.

Is there room for an expression pedal as well in this bag?

I don't use one but definitely not the huge silver fractal pedal. Probably a small Mission Engineering pedal would be fine. A Cry Baby, maybe but probably not. You want small and lite. The bag is pretty heavy with all my gear but still not a problem to sling over the shoulder. Pedal would add weight but not bad if you get a small one as I mentioned. The company Mono is great and have other options, and their return policy is solid. Give it a try and send back if it doesn't work for ya. Perfect for me. Good luck with it. Take care.

I use a Behringer PB1000 pedal board case for my AX8 setup. I hollowed everything out. Re-installed a sheet of foam and sunk the AX8 down. And then the lid pops on and locks shut, and its a neat hard carry case

211182.jpg

Is there room for an expression pedal as well in this bag?
Yes, I have a Moog EP3 that fits easily in the pocket on the front left and I’m pretty sure I could fit two.

The down side is that you can fit so much in this bag that it gets heavy. I upgraded to a industrial strength, nonslip strap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom