• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Carrying case?

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
The only thing about those types of stands is that they look like it's too easy to knock over the guitar if you bump into it. I used to have a Fender mini-stand that was like that too.

Punkfloyd4eyes

New here
This thread was super helpful and informative. Checking out most of the cases mentioned here, I went with the SKB SC2311
For price point and features. I will give a review upon its arrival.
I really wanted to go with the Gator GU 1813 but for now it looks like the SKB will work just fine.

Last edited:

DaveO

Inspired
Since the AX8 is intended to be a portable rig, is there/will there be an official FAS carrying case for it?
If FAS had one at the time I purchased mine I would have gotten it, I think it's a lost sales opportunity for them.

Punkfloyd4eyes

New here
Is that the SKB 2311? Seems to fit more snugly in depth than I would assume the 2311 would?
The interior dimensions are 11x23x4". The Ax8 fits nicely without any shuffling around... of course I added the extra foam to make a compartment for my expression pedal but I had this in mind when I ordered it though.

Casper777

New here
I'm currently hesitating between a Gator GK 2110 and the SKB SC2111.

Bascially want to put the AX8 and 1xBoss FV500 in there... + XLR cables that's it

Any preference between those 2?

hbucker

Inspired
I'm currently hesitating between a Gator GK 2110 and the SKB SC2111.

Bascially want to put the AX8 and 1xBoss FV500 in there... + XLR cables that's it

Any preference between those 2?
I wonder about dropping it on its corner, or even setting it down too hard on cement. In this context the SKB looks a little more substantial and protective.

Casper777

New here
Seems like I found a great one... don't think it has been already mentionnned here...

Gator DJ Controller backpack 27" (sorry I can't post links yet ;)

Any experience with this one?

hbucker

Inspired
That looks good. Pricey, even at $200... I still like the idea of the Rigid case for $30, the only drawback I see there is no shoulder strap...

Top Bottom