Carrying case?

I switched from using a Pedaltrain to just sticking the AX8 on the floor. I got tired of fighting with pedalboard configurations and not being to close the case easily without flipping it around. So I use this to carry the AX8 now: https://monocreators.com/the-365/

That Mono bag is an awesome find. I’ll have to grab one when their back in stock.

I personally agree, with you. For me, the whole concept of an AX8 unit is; it is the pedalboard. Mounting it on one makes no sense to me and totally kills the real value of its portability. I need to be able to ride the subway, walk a few blocks, get in the studio or on stage and get out (that’s guitar life in NYC).

If I needed anything else, at that point I’d just being the XL and the MFC-101. Obviously using an alternative transportation rather than the subway.

Thanks for sharing that!

That Mono bag is an awesome find. I’ll have to grab one when their back in stock.

I personally agree, with you. For me, the whole concept of an AX8 unit is; it is the pedalboard. Mounting it on one makes no sense to me and totally kills the real value of its portability. I need to be able to ride the subway, walk a few blocks, get in the studio or on stage and get out (that’s guitar life in NYC).

If I needed anything else, at that point I’d just being the XL and the MFC-101. Obviously using an alternative transportation rather than the subway.

Thanks for sharing that!

FWIW, I bought mine used for way less.

I switched from using a Pedaltrain to just sticking the AX8 on the floor. I got tired of fighting with pedalboard configurations and not being to close the case easily without flipping it around. So I use this to carry the AX8 now: https://monocreators.com/the-365/
Yup. This is what I do too. Mono Kontroller for carrying it around. If you want to haul 2 expression pedals I think The 365 is the better choice. I can *just* get the AX8 + an EV-1 in the Kontroller. I have a little bit of cardboard between them so they don't scratch the heck out of each other in transit as it is a pretty snug fit.

My Kontroller bag was a birthday gift from the wife and kids but she got it on sale on Amazon for way less than the $229 or whatever Mono has it listed for on the website. It was ~$150 IIRC.

I've used Mono cases for a decade now and they hold up in my experience. The initial outlay might seem like quite a bit but it's quality stuff that can take a beating.

mono stuff is outrageous IMHO. markup on that is nuts, I bet they pay like $20 to make it. I'd love to get a dual guitar gig bag, but I'm not forking out almost $400 for a gig bag... uggh.

Pedaltrain have just announced a new range of premium carrying backpacks for their boards today! Check out their Instagram for a picture. Looks like it has 2 external pockets too that look plenty big enough for an expression pedal and any leads. I use my ax8 mounted on a novo 18 with my line 6 wireless and this looks like it could be the ultimate carrying case solution!

mono stuff is outrageous IMHO. markup on that is nuts, I bet they pay like $20 to make it. I'd love to get a dual guitar gig bag, but I'm not forking out almost $400 for a gig bag... uggh.

I've never bought any Mono product at normal price. A few years ago they were doing a 50% sale around Xmas and I loaded up. Since then I've snagged some closeouts, blems, and used stuff for drastically lower prices. I paid less than half price for my used 365 that looked brand new when it came.

The 365 can carry the AX8, a couple expression pedals, cables, and a power strip.

I've never bought any Mono product at normal price. A few years ago they were doing a 50% sale around Xmas and I loaded up. Since then I've snagged some closeouts, blems, and used stuff for drastically lower prices. I paid less than half price for my used 365 that looked brand new when it came.

The 365 can carry the AX8, a couple expression pedals, cables, and a power strip.

well yell at me if you ever see another sale lol :)

I got the mono case too. But sometimes I have to go very fast. It's so convenient to have it all on a pedalboard. I have three, but really it seems only need two exp pedals. It seems like it'd be stupid fast, but those few cables add to confusion in the heat of the moment. Thinking of transferring to a pedaltrain classic 2.

I got my MONO 365 off Amazon. There was a nice discount there!

And it can hold 2, EV-1's in its side pockets!!

I tried one of those Ridgid cases. They're good and sturdy (they don't call it Ridgid for nothing...), and with some foam in them is a good option. The only problem for me is that I have 2 Mission pedals and an FS-6, and I could only fit one Mission pedal and maybe the footswitch. Plus, I didn't really have room for cables and power cord, and definitely not a portable stand if I had one. Too bad, if only it was just a little bit larger...

I'm using a Gator 2110 soft case that works well enough.

Here is my rig packed in the Rigid case listed elsewhere on the forum. Everything is in the case but the guitars and stands... AX8, IEM, wireless, expression pedals, and cables. The powered monitor even fits on top for easy transportation.

Attachments

• 20170525_144819.jpg
    20170525_144819.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
That's larger than I would want, but the wheels and the idea of the monitor traveling on top are both appealing.

Back
Top Bottom