Carrying AxeFX on EU Airline

John3:16

Hi guys

I need to fly from the UK to Holland next year for a gig and was wondering if anyone could post or pm me with their experiences taking an AXE FX as hand luggage - especially in Europe/UK.

I'm thinking of either a 2U carry case or the Pelican heavy duty case (in the event they make me check it in to the hold). Again any examples or recent experiences with taking an AXE FX to and from UK airports and as hand luggage to mainland Europe would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
Gerry

Bump... Still seeing if anyone has carried their AxeFx on board as hand luggage in the uk/EU airports and their experiences with security staff?

Thanks
Gerry

I used to live in NL and I've carried mine on-board several times between USA and UK flights. I took the Axe-FX out of my rack and placed it into a roll aboard (the Briggs Riley International carry-on was prefect). I put a towel around it to provide some cushion. I had another carry-on where I had to remove the Axe-FX handles to make it fit, but was very easy to do. I'd rather carry it aboard than put it in checked baggage. I was also always prepared to simply tuck it under my arm and carry it on in the event the airline gave me a hard time (which they never did).

Back
Top Bottom