Carr

Note that the model is preliminary. I haven't finished measuring the tapers.

Cliff - have you seen my thread asking regarding which power amp modus (pentode or triode) you have modelled it after and would you care to elaborate on that ?? Are we going to get both options at some point ??

Thanks
RB

But it still sound damn good!!

Feels like a cross between a Suhr Badger 18 and AC30 (on full tilt) imho.. The feel is incredible.
I also tried the Liverpool (YNWA) with the same ir (JM ir -#6 or 7??) last night. Great amp too. I may post some clips during the weekend.

That JM ir makes everything vintage sounding!! Never used it or liked it, but with the Carr it is perfect. And i got it to work great with a lot of amps.

It`s fizzy, fuzzy and kills in a mix imho.

At the Dutch Axe Fest, artist Jens performed using that JM Open IR. Being a far-field IR, it helps a lot to get that "room" tone. I don't know what specific speaker/cabinet it represents.

#10 1x12 EMI Open Back (JM)

Far-field IR of an 1x12 with Eminence speaker.

Normally don`t like them.. I don`t like adding room to the room :)

Yup, all 3 JM IRs are far-fields.

I know it's an Eminence, but don't know what speaker type ....

His IR's don't have any room reflections in them.

Do you change the Spkr page of the amp block when you use the JM IR's? For me that is the key to making them sound more natural. The default amp block spkr page parameters don't usually work for those IR's for me.

Air at 100%~5892hz.

I do this with many IR's. Depends on the amp. More cablike to me.

Last edited:
What changes do you make?

Terry.

I do this whenever I use an IR.

I make sure the cab is set to no mic and default everything else, no motor drive etc.

I sweep the amp block speaker page low res frequency to taste by ear. Then more rarely adjust the low res value or low res Q. Not very often on the last two. I don't change anything else.

Me Me!. This amp was instant tonal bliss for me. Using 2 fultone drives in front of it for Rhythm and into molten lead. I got a TON of compliments on my tone this week. Most of them said "wow man, your "guitar" sounds really good". Absolutely love this amp. By far my best experience with axe 2 for the satisfaction I got from it as well as the ease to which it dialed in.

EDIT* I'm using the Hawaii 1X12 in mono hi res

I've tried a bunch of other cabs and keep coming back to this one with the Rambler. It's got the right mix of jangle and woof.

Yes sir. You said what I wanted to say but didn't know how! It is really a match made in heaven for me. Our new worship leader is a kid out of Nashville who was just blown away by how good it sounded. His brother on the drums said it was one of the best sounds he has heard from an "amp", real or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom