Carol Ann Triptik.

Eman7422

Inspired
Wow, just Wow
Modern channel

I like the gain rolled down to reduce gain better than the classic channel although maybe I have to experiment more.

Just discovered this model.

And I like volume rolled up for a lead tone that has sustain without being too compressed.

Last edited:
Have you tried using the scene modifiers? you can model your amp to change the drive gain, impute gain etc based on your scenes, also the output block levels are customizable.

I also love the modern channel on this one! Right now I play Carol-Ann exclusively: Triptik Modern for high gain, Tucana Lead for low gain and Tucana Clean for clean. For me the Tucana sounds better for those purposes, but that Triptik Modern is just amazing. I have to almost go to 10 with the mids and highs and the presence knob is also quite high (7 iirc), but that's because of how the amp is designed afaik. The knobs don't act as extreme as on other amps, so you cannot really make it sound bad.

Maybe you can use this little neat trick in the Amp block and see if you like it:

Input Trim
0.5 is equivalent to using the Low input jack on amps. If you are using high-output pickups it's often better to use the Low input to get into the sweet spot of the bright cap.

The Tucana 3 is, in my opinion, Alan Phillips’ premier amplifier design. Very sadly, he is no longer building new amps, but there is hope he’ll return to doing custom builds in the future. I’m holding onto mine, it may well be the next unattainable Dumble type in the future.

Fortunately for tone fans, Cliff has done quite a good job of modeling the Tucana 3 that everyone can get a taste of this great amplifier’s tones. Give it a shot!

Back
Top Bottom