Carol Ann OD2

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
I get it now. Wow! Such an awesome amp (model).

Really though, I couldn't get what I wanted out of it before, and the great clips available and praise over this amp made me keep coming back to it. Now, it sounds just perfect. Very versatile. Cleans up nicely with the guitar vol control. I think part of it is finding the right-sounding IRs.

I will have to eventually post clips or something, but do yourselves a favor and give the OD2 a shot. Almost a Dumble meets Marshall, or something like that.

Took me a long time to get great tones out of this one, but now that I did, it's one of my go-to's. Using a blend of Red Wirez Soldano and Marshall V30 cabs on this one.

Totally different IRs. I'll have to try them.

I've only been playing with different flavors of EV-L and the 1x12 Triptik. Speaking of which, I'm not familiar with the Scholz Classic speaker. What is that, by the way?

Wrong Scholtz. Seems there was plenty of confusion about that.

Sugarcone, but not the Earcandy. Would love to know more. Supposed to be a "colorless" speaker.

love this amp as well. i have it setup as Y on my amp block. so when i switch to scene 4 it changes to the Y side Carol Ann and my cab block switches to Y which are the 1x12 Triptik. Never tried the EV IR with it, ill try it.

I believe the EV-L are what ship with the OD series combos.

And, I'm pretty sure that with the Tucana 1&2, they were the recommended speaker, but the Tucana 3 isn't supposed to be as picky about speakers.

Back
Top Bottom