Care to post your live band recordings?

Paincakes

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum for this.
I'm curious on how everyone's live axe fx tones fit in a live band mix (vs a polished recorded home studio recording).
Crappy cell phone videos, clean mixing desk audio, band practice, anything in between, I'm interested in hearing it!

Cheers!

Crappy cellphone video of a solo at a jam, here ya go, lol. This was direct into FOH with an Atomic CLR as my personal monitor, using an old Silver Jubilee patch of mine IIRC.

Last edited:
Live video - AX8 -> CLR.

Not a whole lot of guitar but audio was good, think that's Austin Buddy's Vibroverb preset.

Last edited:
No - my SG buddy is using a rather crappy Digitech RP360 pedal into a Roland JC120 and miked. I have an XLR feed to PA and use the CLR for local feedback. I remember they had me turn down my stage volume later so this video is probably a bit of both - use CLR on a stand as backline.

I recorded an entire Between the Buried and Me set. They use axe 2xl plus live. possibly 3 at this time? they sound incredible live and use a massive array of sounds. recorded in excellent stereo quality. just be sure to turn it up a bit. Used a Zoom Q8 video/audio recorder. awesome piece of equipment.

I recorded an entire Between the Buried and Me set. They use axe 2xl plus live. possibly 3 at this time? they sound incredible live and use a massive array of sounds. recorded in excellent stereo quality. just be sure to turn it up a bit. Used a Zoom Q8 video/audio recorder. awesome piece of equipment.

That recording is really clear! Where you right next to the PA?

That recording is really clear! Where you right next to the PA?
I was near one of the right speakers. The Q8 is amazing for loud shows. You can adjust the gain level on the on-board mic and/or two additional external mics to prevent clipping. I just used the stock X/Y stereo mic that it came with.

Back
Top Bottom