Carbon copy delay emulation, how do i make repeats degrade?

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
I remember seeing this somewhere, like a response from Cliff ? Im using the stereo analog delay. thanks

in both the analog and tape delays, you do already get some degradation of the repeats. if you want more, lower the hi cut frequency in the delay eq page. if you like really crusty repeats, increase the Q, so there's a little bump before the roll off

You can also use the ten tap delay in the MultiDelay block and set the decay to a high number. 5.20.7 in your manual

Don't forget the Tape and Stereo tape use different algorithms, so don't forget to try both.

(Unless that changed at some time and I missed the release note somehow.)

Carbon Copy is an analog delay and uses bucket brigade IC's for the delay line. It's all about the filtering. Shave off some highs and lows to make the repeats sound more squashed and filtered compared to the dry tone. Play with the two band filters too. Boosting some mid frequencies a little can give the repeats a sort of honky character as they fade away which can sound pretty retro. Different delay units have different tonal signatures to the repeats. The drive parameter can add a bit of grit to the repeats too if desired.

Do any of the delays offer a bitcrusher in the feedback path? That'd get you there quite easily. Not at my Axe to check right now.

I downloaded the presets that simeon posted. They are a fantastic in their own right (I use many dropped straight in), but they also provide a fantastic base to work from to sculpt the delay tone to fit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom