Caparison Guitar's

They look really cool and one of my guitar idols (Michael Romeo of Symphony X) plays them. I have never come across one in person to try.

I went to their booth at NAMM one year and they looked really nice.
Me and my buddy asked if we could play one of them. We got a big attitude with an answer of - "no, not unless you're going to buy one".
Umm...ok, so why did you bring them to NAMM and pay for a booth?

Fastforward a few hours and we walk by the booth again....there is some guy playing one of them and he is crouched over the guitar just picking as fast as he can with his hand flying all over the fretboard, not hitting any notes. Almost like he didn't know how to actually play. He was sweating like nothing I had ever seen in my life. Sweat literally pouring off his face and it was all over the fretboard. To this day, I have never seen anything like that....blatantly sweating all over it, it was so gross, and he didn't not care at all that he was doing it.
If it was my guitar, I likely would have burned it after that. Me and my buddy stopped and (discretely) laughed our asses off. The guy handed this sweat covered guitar back to the Caparison rep and the rep looked like someone just kicked his dog.
Sorry, but it was funny as hell to us, after the way he reacted when we asked to try a guitar.
I'm sure some will say - "see, that's why they don't let people try guitars"....but to that I would say, then NAMM isn't for you.
Turned me off from their guitars. Otherwise, I would likely own a couple. I loved the finishes.

I went to their booth at NAMM one year and they looked really nice.
Me and my buddy asked if we could play one of them. We got a big attitude with an answer of - "no, not unless you're going to buy one".
Umm...ok, so why did you bring them to NAMM and pay for a booth?

Fastforward a few hours and we walk by the booth again....there is some guy playing one of them and he is crouched over the guitar just picking as fast as he can with his hand flying all over the fretboard, not hitting any notes. Almost like he didn't know how to actually play. He was sweating like nothing I had ever seen in my life. Sweat literally pouring off his face and it was all over the fretboard. To this day, I have never seen anything like that....blatantly sweating all over it, it was so gross, and he didn't not care at all that he was doing it.
If it was my guitar, I likely would have burned it after that. Me and my buddy stopped and (discretely) laughed our asses off. The guy handed this sweat covered guitar back to the Caparison rep and the rep looked like someone just kicked his dog.
Sorry, but it was funny as hell to us, after the way he reacted when we asked to try a guitar.
I'm sure some will say - "see, that's why they don't let people try guitars"....but to that I would say, then NAMM isn't for you.
Turned me off from their guitars. Otherwise, I would likely own a couple. I loved the finishes.
It's not just the finishes but they sound mean as hell when you play one, and people don't understand that these are all hand made.

I've read several references from different sources about their quality being in the same vein as Suhr, Anderson, or Vigier, but geared toward metalheads. They look very cool to me, and I'd love to try one in person. I love these companies that strive for perfection in manufacturing.

When I was in my early guitar years (and when I was a metalhead) I remember seeing this guy youtube videos and lusting over his Caparison Horus.

Kinda forgotten about it until I saw your thread.
If the current line of Horus-M3 EF had a similar finish option I would be in trouble but gladly it doesn't.

When I was in my early guitar years (and when I was a metalhead) I remember seeing this guy youtube videos and lusting over his Caparison Horus.

Kinda forgotten about it until I saw your thread.
If the current line of Horus-M3 EF had a similar finish option I would be in trouble but gladly it doesn't.

He had to have modified the Horus that he is playing because the pickups are not factory

Last edited:
I always thought I'd end up with a TAT Special FM at some point since it's as close to a neck through Californian as you can get these days....but it didn't happen. Now it probably never will.

I had a few a long time ago.
The best one by far was TAT made for a guy I know who was endorsed by them.
The standard factory ones wasn't as good.

Who loves Caparison guitars as much as I do?
Just 66.6% of what you do! :D:D

Caparisons.png
DarkNight.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-01-21 120307.png

Glad to see my Dark Night got a sibling there also with EMG treatment!

These two are standard and absolutelly phenomenal instruments. They even pack a couple of unique features. The TAT for instance has an angled neck that bends the guitar body a bit towards the player... that's why the bridge looks rised in the pictures.

But I have to admit that the headstock is a kind of love-it-or-hate-it thing.

I wish they had wilder sponge finishes these days. I don't like the new asymetrical body shapes neither.

Funny, that is exactly what I like about them :)
Everyone has their tastes!

I do like the overall look and specs of these guitars, though.

I'd probably buy a Tyler before a Caparison ;)

But who knows - if I played one and it spoke to me then I might buy it anyway!

Reactions: Ole

View attachment 114809
View attachment 114810View attachment 114811

These two are standard and absolutelly phenomenal instruments. They even pack a couple of unique features. The TAT for instance has an angled neck that bends the guitar body a bit towards the player... that's why the bridge looks rised in the pictures.

I wish they had wilder sponge finishes these days. I don't like the new asymetrical body shapes neither.
You have a TAT II dark knight as well. Very awesome. they only made 21 of them. I have the email from Caparison that tells me that.

View attachment 114809
View attachment 114810View attachment 114811

The Horus I have which is the bottom guitar is the Black Knight which I am assuming is the match of the Dark Knight but not sure.

Back
Top Bottom