"Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" Tone

Bulldog50

Inspired
I believe this one of rock's greatest opening riffs played, of course, by Keef. Can anyone point me to a factory preset, a preset on AXE Change or, if you have them, Auston Buddy's Gold Tones, that best represents this fantastic riff? Sounds like a Tele or LP on a Twin or Deluxe Reverb, with a touch of overdrive or fuzz, but I just cannot put my finger on it. I am sure one of our experts on this board know exactly how its done.

Given how much booze and heroin fueled the Sticky Fingers album, who knows what they actually used, but online I've seen a few folks saying it was a Les Paul Custom in open G tuning into a dimed Twin or Ampeg amp. It's got that aggressive, hard clipped break up you get from pushing a clean sounding amp really hard.

Given how much booze and heroin fueled the Sticky Fingers album, who knows what they actually used, but online I've seen a few folks saying it was a Les Paul Custom in open G tuning into a dimed Twin or Ampeg amp. It's got that aggressive, hard clipped break up you get from pushing a clean sounding amp really hard.
Closest I have gotten to matching this was using one of the SVT models and a 4x12 cab - the Vox Super Beatle one, IIRC....

Back
Top Bottom