Can't update firmware

jyflorida

Power User
Never got this error before. Tried rebooting but it's still appearing. Also tried swapping out the cable just now - no difference.

upload_2018-10-1_16-39-36.png

Last edited:
Tried rebooting but it's still appearing.
Rebooting both computer AND power cycling the Axe-Fx III?

If you've both restarted the computer and the Axe-Fx III (waited about 30 seconds or so after the III finishes loading to connect the USB cable), and it's still not working, maybe try starting the Axe-Fx III into recovery mode before doing the transfer (steps outlined in this post: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-version-1-16-beta.143154/page-4#post-1694296). Might also be worth trying a different USB cable/USB port on the computer if at all possible.

If that doesn't work might be worth, trying an uninstall/reinstall of the USB driver, "just in case".

If none of the above works, probably worth contacting FAS support via the webform or email...

Firmware is 1.16 beta 1.

Just for grins I tried to reload the above version with the same results. I just uninstalled / reinstalled the Win USB driver also - no go. I'll try the recovery mode & see if that helps. I did reboot the computer & Axe after the reinstall.

Firmware is 1.16 beta 1.
yes, there was a specific issue with this beta, so Cliff outlined the steps to update from it, as linked above:

For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
2. Press and hold Page < and Page >
3. Turn power on and continue to hold for a couple seconds.
4. Unit will boot into emergency image.
5. Update as usual.

Back
Top Bottom