Can't update firmware ultra

Izzwardo

Inspired
I am almost ready to just sell the ultra I just got. I am so frustrated with trying to figure out how to update the firmware. I bought a Yamaha USB TO MIDI interface cable and I can't get the computer to recognize the ultra. I have windows 7. The instructions are really not clear for me at least. If someone can please help me and tell me what I need to do in order to get this to work. Thanks a million

What firmware does it have now? The last firmware update the ultra had was firmware 11 and that was years ago..also you need an older version of axe edit for it to work on computer ....I believe it's under legacy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey thanks so much! I feel like a idiot trying to figure this out. I'll download that and go from there. I'll keep you updated

So I got it to download but it's only version 10.05??? How do I get it to update to version 11.0? My Sysex ID Is 00 01 74 and it's set to 372. Do I have to change these numbers to make this work or do I have to change something else to get it to download to version 11.0?

So I got it to download but it's only version 10.05??? How do I get it to update to version 11.0? My Sysex ID Is 00 01 74 and it's set to 372. Do I have to change these numbers to make this work or do I have to change something else to get it to download to version 11.0?

what exactly did you download? on what page did you find it?

I downloaded a earlier version of AXE EDIT off of axefx.fr and then I downloaded the 11.0 off of Fractals website. I hope that was ok? It worked and downloaded 10.05

You can't get 10.05 firmware from an 11.0 file. Somewhere along the line, you grabbed the wrong file.

Well that sucks. I guess I'll just have to figure this mess out. I was so excited when it started to download then I saw 10.05 when it finished. Maybe I am not cut out for these

The version of axe edit that I downloaded is 1 0 191. My problem is saving and downloading the 11.0 file to Axe Edit and choosing it in the "select a firmware file" for 11.0. For some strange reason version 10.05 was downloaded

I'm giving up and going to sell it. I have been up for 5 hours and I can't even figure out how to update the firmware or anything for that matter. All I want is for this is to have version 11 and it's just not going to happen. I go in the update firmware in axe edit and I cannot find the downloaded file to transfer. Am I missing something or completely stupid? Where do I put the file when I download it from the fractal website??

I even tried loading preset banks A B C because the previous owner must have cleared a bunch of them out. Still did not work

Last edited:
ll I want is for this is to have version 11 and it's just not going to happen. I go in the update firmware in axe edit and I cannot find the downloaded file to transfer. Am I missing something or completely stupid? Where do I put the file when I download it from the fractal website??
It doesn't matter where you put the firmware file, as long as you know where it is.

When you go into Axe-Edit and do UPDATE FIRMWARE, you'll get a dialog box that lets you pick the file you're going to use. Navigate to the folder where your file is, then choose the file.

If it ain't working with the editor, you might try it this way:

download FW11: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/standard-ultra/11.0/ultra11_00.zip

unzip the file and remember where it's unzipped

download bome's sendsx: http://www.bome.com/bome/downloads/SendSX_1.4.198.exe

install and run it

on Bome's SendSX:

• set MIDI Out to your yamaha midi interface
  • file Open and load FW11 (it will show in the left window F0 00 00 7D.....)

on the Ultra:
  • Utility - Page > untill you see FIRMWARE
  • Press ENTER (it will show awaiting file)

back on Bome's SendSX:
  • Press SEND (F4)

Transfer should start.

Good luck!

I'm giving up and going to sell it. I have been up for 5 hours and I can't even figure out how to update the firmware or anything for that matter. All I want is for this is to have version 11 and it's just not going to happen. I go in the update firmware in axe edit and I cannot find the downloaded file to transfer. Am I missing something or completely stupid? Where do I put the file when I download it from the fractal website??

I even tried loading preset banks A B C because the previous owner must have cleared a bunch of them out. Still did not work

be patient! I know it is discouraging but the ultra is a good ole unit (if you like modelers) it will be worth relaxing and take a day off and then revisit it and probably you will figure it out! Good luck!!

Ok I just downloaded the Bomes Sendex and I was able to find the file now! I don't understand why axe edit would not allow me to find the program and upload it and it was so easy to find it with Bomes. It's about 25% uploaded right now. I tell you what i was pulling my hair out last nite on this one. I am so thankful you guys are cool enough to help. I'll keep you updated as soon as it finishes.

The old Axe-Edit will let you change folders, but it's not immediately obvious how to do that. Poke a couple of spots in the dialog box, and you'll find it. :). Or just stick with what's working for you. :)

It downloaded! Wahoo! Man that's a relief I tell you what. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I guess all I needed was help and patients. So should I download Banks A B C into my Ultra? It has 257 presets with it now is there suppost to be more than that? I did try to download bank A but the Ultra said it was a invalid file.

Do I download the Banks ABC into the same location as the firmware 11 update in utilities on the Ultra or somewhere else like "reset system Parameters"? Ill wait for your response so I don't F something up

Back
Top Bottom