Hi,
Just received the amazing FC6,
And very happy with this smart controller,
I've connected the Mission SP-1 to FC6,
Calibrated the two switches,
But it's not working, the sp1 works great when connecting to the Axe 3,
The Axe 3 is 5.02 Firmware, and the Fc6 is 1.04,
Thanks

You should be connecting the switch jack on the pedal to a switch jack on the FC.

You should be connecting the Expression jack on the pedal to a pedal jack on the FC.

Calibrate the pedal.

You have not described anything about what you did AFTER it was connected to the FC.

What did you assign in your preset? What are you attempting to control with the switch and what are you attempting to control with the pedal?

Now it's working great!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!
I have some presets with Auto Wha,
and some with Volume & Wha by pushing the switch on the Sp1,
Thanks again for your fast reply

You should be connecting the switch jack on the pedal to a switch jack on the FC.

You should be connecting the Expression jack on the pedal to a pedal jack on the FC.

Calibrate the pedal.

You have not described anything about what you did AFTER it was connected to the FC.

What did you assign in your preset? What are you attempting to control with the switch and what are you attempting to control with the pedal?
Technically speaking, the SP1 (assuming it’s a plain SP1 here) was designed for its Switch to use an XP port, not an XS port. If he saw my video from years ago, I do suggest “calibrating” the switch solely because of that reason (using an XP port that may be calibrated for a different pedal).

I’m glad it’s working, but assuming still that it’s a standard SP1 and not some other version, the switch in a pedal jack should have worked as well, with a TRS cable. If he has always been using a TS cable with that switch, it’s probably why it didn’t work on the pedal port.

Have to guess a lot here, but that’s been my experience and direct instruction from Mission back when I made that video for them.

Technically speaking, the SP1 (assuming it’s a plain SP1 here) was designed for its Switch to use an XP port, not an XS port. If he saw my video from years ago, I do suggest “calibrating” the switch solely because of that reason (using an XP port that may be calibrated for a different pedal).

I’m glad it’s working, but assuming still that it’s a standard SP1 and not some other version, the switch in a pedal jack should have worked as well, with a TRS cable. If he has always been using a TS cable with that switch, it’s probably why it didn’t work on the pedal port.

Have to guess a lot here, but that’s been my experience and direct instruction from Mission back when I made that video for them.
Ok, I do remember reading something about that. I've only used the EP-1 pedals.

I used your video to set up the SP 1 on my MFC/IIXL. Worked perfectly. I am on the forever wait list for a 12 right now after saying no to the 6 (prayers for patience). I THINK I understand what you are saying here and will use the old video as a guide. Do you plan a new video to set things like this up as well though? I admit, i'm really like the visual explanations and your videos are THE BEST out there! Thanks!

I used your video to set up the SP 1 on my MFC/IIXL. Worked perfectly. I am on the forever wait list for a 12 right now after saying no to the 6 (prayers for patience). I THINK I understand what you are saying here and will use the old video as a guide. Do you plan a new video to set things like this up as well though? I admit, i'm really like the visual explanations and your videos are THE BEST out there! Thanks!
It should work the same as the video.

I still have problems with the Sp-1 toe switch as well. I have it setup to increase scene by +1 and randomly it will just start scrolling. It will even happen when I’m not using the system. I’ll leave the room with everything plugged in and come back an hour later with it scrolling after it was working fine. Switch is fine and plugged into 1+2 on the Fc6. I just make sure the cable is disconnected during a show.

I still have problems with the Sp-1 toe switch as well. I have it setup to increase scene by +1 and randomly it will just start scrolling. It will even happen when I’m not using the system. I’ll leave the room with everything plugged in and come back an hour later with it scrolling after it was working fine. Switch is fine and plugged into 1+2 on the Fc6. I just make sure the cable is disconnected during a show.
this may happen due to the TRS-intended switch, plugged into a TS-intended switch port.

I am also still unable to get the Toe switch to engage. In setting things up with the FC6, I can get the rockers to do fine. I'm using 2 standard SP1's with TRS just like did with the Axe II C+/MFC but it just does not see the switch to use calibrate nothing. Also, I got one of them set up for volume pedal and it just basically sits silent to the half way point and then switches to full volume just past that point. No variation, just basically on/off. Bleh! Frustrating because my MFC did all of these functions flawlessly and in following Chris' step by step video but it just doesn't translate well to the new gear. Sure wish someone had a set of instructions step by step.

Also, I got one of them set up for volume pedal and it just basically sits silent to the half way point and then switches to full volume just past that point.
sounds like you're using a TS cable and not a TRS cable.

i'll try to get to making an updated video soon. other things in the pipeline first.

I know..but they are not. They are the same TRS cable that I used on the MFC.
the expression pedal part should work exactly the same as a normal expression pedal. there's nothing unique about that part and the FC vs that part and the MFC.

something isn't setup right. check the FC Controller menus and make sure the pedal is set to Continuous.

I have always operated at a disadvantage in some of the setups all the way back to the Ultra days. I can dial in sounds that make people come up from the back of the room and RAGE but controllers, things like that I just get confused. A couple of times I have set it all up and basically had no idea how I did it..just kind of got lucky! LOL! Any even basic written out step by step would be appreciated. I am just floored at how good the III sounds. I can't even believe my ears sometimes! The Marshals are all cleared up. The noise floor is cleaned up. The delays sound frigging 5.1 surround I swear! Just an incredible advancement. Not to mention is just gorgeous!!! Chris! You videos are the best of all of them floating around. Helped me a bunch over the years. CHEERS!

Back
Top Bottom