• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Can't Resize Axe Edit Window in Mac OS Monterey

theheadgeek

Version: Axe Edit III Version 1.10.04
Running on Mac OS Monterey. The window always goes to full size and can't be resized (using the bottom left, etc.). Pushing the "1:1" does nothing.

I'm running this on a second monitor via thunderbolt 3 using a 2560x1440 resolution. The application is running in native M1 mode, not Rosetta 2.

EDIT: I tested in Rosette 2 mode and it does the same thing.

Tom Morris

Power User
I just tried on am M1 MB air with a 12.9 iPad. I run the MB air display at scaled large text setting (old and blind). When adding the second display it automatically sets the main display to the default more space setting. I then launched AxeEdit and made the window small then moved it to the second display (iPad) where i was still able to resize the window there. Maybe a thunderbolt issue? I don't have an external Thunderbolt display to test further.

bradlake

Axe-Master
there is definitely wonky behavior in resizing AxeEdit when using multiple monitors on Mac(experiencing it right now), but I believe there have been issues with it before Monterey..

bradlake

Axe-Master
Version: Axe Edit III Version 1.10.04
Running on Mac OS Monterey. The window always goes to full size and can't be resized (using the bottom left, etc.). Pushing the "1:1" does nothing.

I'm running this on a second monitor via thunderbolt 3 using a 2560x1440 resolution. The application is running in native M1 mode, not Rosetta 2.

EDIT: I tested in Rosette 2 mode and it does the same thing.
there is definitely wonky behavior in resizing AxeEdit when using multiple monitors on Mac(experiencing it right now), but I believe there have been issues with it before Monterey..
this is always reproducible in my case and has been for a while.

theheadgeek

To answer the question, yes it does work on the main retina display (on the laptop). This seems to only happen on the external display. I'm working out of town at the moment, but I will try this without the thunderbolt display (via the built-in HDMI port) to see if it's the same behavior when I get back (Sunday, assuming this isn't extended a bit).

Last edited:

theheadgeek

I rebooted by Macbook and reconnected the external display (via the dock) and the issue corrected itself.
It's possible this was a DPI issue, but the monitor resolution was definitely at native on the external monitor. The UI was looking a bit washed out (as if it was being scaled or something).

theheadgeek

Yeah, on the plus side, it wasn't AxeEdit. It's more likely a flaw with the M1/Monterey combo. I'm going to stop upgrading my studio machine so fast! This update has been the worst one with little bizarre issues in the window manager.

Top Bottom