Can't make a choice

Haven't tried the Friedmans, but folks seem to like them here. I get the feeling that they might not be as flat as the CLRs - that they have more of the Marshall thump/low midrange emphasis that would help make up for that 412 not being there, but someone with the Friedmans needs to chime in.

You don't necessarily need something super fancy like a Friedman or CLR or an all golden, diamon encrusted cab. I have a Yamaha DXR10 and it thumps more than enough....More than my neighbors like.

Just my 2 cents

It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

For some song presets I have barely anything, on others I’m running at the computers max.

Is there any place I can order the Atomic CLR in Europe?
They are quite hard to get hand on these days, especially in europe. I got mine from Andertons in the UK (1,5 month on waitlist), but due to Brexit it seems things have changed.

Quote from march 20:
"We're working on new distribution in the EU. Brexit complicated things for that but we'll try to do something for our EU customers when we restock there."

I would drop them an email...get on a waitlist and be patient. You won't regret it :)

Good luck :)

They are quite hard to get hand on these days, especially in europe. I got mine from Andertons in the UK (1,5 month on waitlist), but due to Brexit it seems things have changed.

Quote from march 20:
"We're working on new distribution in the EU. Brexit complicated things for that but we'll try to do something for our EU customers when we restock there."

I would drop them an email...get on a waitlist and be patient. You won't regret it :)

Good luck :)
Thank you, I'll email them :) Do they only sell wedges? Would you recommend a straight speaker or the wedge? I have only experience with straight speakers.

If you do end up going with the Mk II and want to add a foot controller, the FC-6 is very capable and flexible, and it takes up a lot less space than the FC-12. And with the money you save, you can buy one or two expression pedals, too. (For me, an expression pedal is a must-have item. I'm running 3 of them along with my FC-6.)

If you get the MkII, you're gonna be missing the FC after a few months, or so. Especially if you play in a band or live.

The difference between the two is pretty negligible at this point. Logo lighting, new screen, and some extra IR memory. I wouldn't call it "better" per se. Essentially the difference is cosmetic.

I'd go with the MkI and the FC absolutely. If it's going to just be used at home, and you're a fan of your own IRs, then wait for the MkII.

You'll hear more of a control-room / FOH sound from FRFR monitors versus a 4x12 at you back sound. Both are good.

If you want the feel of a 4x12, just use a 4x12. You can't really compare a set of monitors to a guitar cab.
This. I know people love their FRFR cabs. Everyone has their thing. You mentioned you have your loved amps. My buds and I have tried both routes. We ended up with our modelers, into SS power amps, and then into our amp speaker cabs. Sounds absolutely right on. At shows, I send a stereo set of outs through CAB blocks and out to FOH.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.C
This. I know people love their FRFR cabs. Everyone has their thing. You mentioned you have your loved amps. My buds and I have tried both routes. We ended up with our modelers, into SS power amps, and then into our amp speaker cabs. Sounds absolutely right on. At shows, I send a stereo set of outs through CAB blocks and out to FOH.
Right. If "your sound" is a 4x12 blasting your calves, you won't get it from a post-mic'd cab FRFR signal. They are different.

For me, I'm listening to the whole band using IEMs. In that case, I prefer the fully produced sound.

Thank you, I'll email them :) Do they only sell wedges? Would you recommend a straight speaker or the wedge? I have only experience with straight speakers.
The CLR's have a 3-way switch on the back to set them up for either wedge, straight or pole-mount use.....so up to you how to place them :)

Great thank you. Yes, I'm aware the characteristics are different between the 4x12 and the mic'd cab. I gave up on the modeling vs real debate once and for all after doing blind tests and failing miserably to distinguish even the TH-U and a mic'd 4x12 with real tube amps, and I know that the feel of a produced sound is very different to what I can hear from a 4x12. And one day if I'll play live, only I will hear the 4x12 anyway if I stand in front of it (unless I play in a really small space).

What is your opinion about the XiTone monitors? The guy is pretty quick the respond.

Where are you located?
I can highly recommend the Redhouse Frfr System MF10 or Elis 8 available for preorder at G66.
Try them out, you won't be disappointed.
Cheers
Sash
Do you mean the RedSound? I can see they are open for pre-orders, I'm not familiar with these brands though.

Oh yes, Redsound (wrong autocorrection, sorry)
They are great.
You can watch several videos from Marco Fanton on YouTube.

Great, I'm checking out the video now.

Not trying to poke the wasps nest, but is there anyone who has experience with TH-U and can tell why he'd choose the AXE FX over that?

Back
Top Bottom