Can't make a choice

My unit has arrived last Friday, and wow ... I bought 2 Headrush FRFR 112's on Thursday and tested it on the same day on a house party, honestly, I was happy with them. But when I plugged in my Axe FX into those on Friday. Is there anyone else who was thinking about selling his tube heads after the experience? Not only the sound rips my head off, it also gives me goosebumps.

I have the Headrush FRFR's also but hold up on selling those heads just yet. I know a lot of people have cleared out their tube collections but I like to plug into them now again just for fun. I have some that I haven't used in a few years that I'm getting ready to sell. Just make sure you aren't selling any classics you'll regret later.

I don’t miss my kemper at all . The first day I own the axe 3, the kemper was out , cannot play through it anymore . The axe is more my type of sound , it’s complete , don’t bug as rig manager .... you are not looking for profiles all day long .... the profiling process was really cool and the best part of the unit , but the sound is synthetic and fuzzy , whatever you do .
Go with the axe 3 you won’t regret it. I still have my favorite tube head if sometime I want to play with the real thing

Back
Top Bottom