Can't install driver

Wildwind

Experienced
Had to uninstall drivers and AE, were working perfectly before.

Now I can't get the drivers to re-install. The install process itself fails in the same place every time. It instructs you to turn Axe II on and wait for the Wizard, etc. The Wizard never appears (no, not behind there either).

Swapped cables, swapped ports, rebooted, everything else closed. Running Win XP.

Any help? I'm sure it's my PC, just no clue how to fix it. All other USB devices are working fine.

Thanks - Greg

Bumpity...still can't make this go. Use previous driver maybe? Can't find one - did my housecleaning. Has to be the PC...

it's about hundred years since I ran XP but ..

Do you have an antivirus shield running?
sometimes there can be a conflict with any running program or service ..
have you tried to shut off everything that isn't essential for the macine to run?

Yeah, tried that.

But it's fixed! Shot in the dark. Control Panel found earlier version of the driver. Uninstalled it and tried again. I had to run the Wizard manually but managed. Problem solved!

The notes on the current Windows driver indicate that you have to be running XP service pack 3. Check to see what service pack you are running on your computer. If it is SP 2 or earlier, the new driver will not install and that is likely the problem.

Yeah, I saw that. SP3 has been in place for some time.

I did get this fixed - found a previous driver will installed. After the uninstall, the reinstall was successful.

Thanks everyone.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom