Can't help but wonder what Cliff has up his sleeve with 14.0x :)

"...it has been too long since the last update."

Man, Cliff has really spoiled us rotten. We are so lucky! I know other manufacturers that go for years between updates... if ever.

Gregmang, I just saw your comment after I had written this... yup - I guess I could have just said "ditto." Though I know where he's coming from... updates bring such a huge endorphin rush that the anticipation is like jonesing for your next fix. Still, Cliff - take your time. We've gotta let you sleep sometime!

Agreed :)

In fact I find myself trying to keep some time open for Friday releases/test drives.

I think I read somewhere else that Cliff & crew are going to shoot cabinet IRs. Therefore I wouldn't hold my breath for an FW update ;)

In the past , it's taken a fair amount of time after ir's are shot for them to become availably,( likely a few weeks) I seriously doubt that holding up a firmware release.

There's tons and tons of room for amp tones and speaker technology improvements on the axe!!!

Everytime I say there's no more room......he freakin' improves the heck out the darn thing!!

Having bought an Eventide H8000FW purely for the amazing reverbs it offer, I really wish Cliff would spend some quality time on the reverb.

I would buy two new units and a backup MFC the day the reverbs were just a bit closer to Eventide quality. Yes, I have spent a lot of time trying to get the current reverb there.

I've only had my XL about a month (Geez, has it been a month already? man, what a fun month!) and there was a FW update to 14.02 like within the first week I had the thing. Now we are already expecting another? It's just crazy.... I mean crazy good.

It's brilliant though... it keeps people constantly "plugged in" to the forum and AXE community, which is a dream for any company to have your customers so close like that.

Having bought an Eventide H8000FW purely for the amazing reverbs it offer, I really wish Cliff would spend some quality time on the reverb.

I would buy two new units and a backup MFC the day the reverbs were just a bit closer to Eventide quality. Yes, I have spent a lot of time trying to get the current reverb there.

The Axe struggles with heavy reverbs already regarding overloaded cpu usage?

Can't help but wonder what Cliff has up his sleeve with 14.0x :)

cochise_zps798442b4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom