Can't get .syx file transferred to MFC (but can get .syx from MFC)

I recently purchased MFC-Edit and I made some changes to the stock MK-I .syx file and thought I'd test them out. I saved my work as a .syx. and I tried to send the .syx file back to the MFC. The Bot tells me it sending the file, but the MFC keeps displaying "waiting to load" even after the completion of the file transfer.

Send Realtime Sysex = none
USB Adapter Mode = on
MIDI through = on

I checked the size of the .syx file that I saved from MFC-Edit and it is same size as the stock .syx file that came with the software (138 kb). I even tried sending the stock 3.06 dump file with no differences. I am sending midi via the FX "midi out" and receiving the midi at the MFC via "midi in."

I was successful in dumping from the MFC to my computer through Fractal Bot.

I've tried to send the .syx via MFC-edit with no different results

Quite frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Is the mfc set to midi? I have trouble with this some times also and for some reason never remember what I did to make it work the last time, so I have to make a couple of attempts every time.

I do not know if the mfc can receive midi if it is set to expansion. but I think it will send through both.

I recently purchased MFC-Edit and I made some changes to the stock MK-I .syx file and thought I'd test them out. I saved my work as a .syx. and I tried to send the .syx file back to the MFC. The Bot tells me it sending the file, but the MFC keeps displaying "waiting to load" even after the completion of the file transfer.

Send Realtime Sysex = none
USB Adapter Mode = on
MIDI through = on

I checked the size of the .syx file that I saved from MFC-Edit and it is same size as the stock .syx file that came with the software (138 kb). I even tried sending the stock 3.06 dump file with no differences. I am sending midi via the FX "midi out" and receiving the midi at the MFC via "midi in."

I was successful in dumping from the MFC to my computer through Fractal Bot.

I've tried to send the .syx via MFC-edit with no different results

Quite frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
The MFC-101 isn't receiving any data from the computer. That means that your connections are incorrect somehow. If you are using the Axe-Fx as the USB/MIDI interface as it appears, follow the instructions from the MFC-Edit->Help->Axe-Fx as USB/MIDI Interface menu option exactly. You must also power the MFC-101 using the transformer supplied with it.

Its not clear which program you're using to transmit to the MFC-101 but its sounds like you are using Fractal Bot. Try using MFC-Edit to perform the transmission. Once your cabling and configuration is correct as described in the MFC-Edit Help, follow these steps in order:
  1. Launch MFC-Edit
  2. Open the file you want to transmit
  3. Pull down the Tools menu a choose "Send File to MFC-101"
  4. From the MFC-Edit SysEx Transmitter window choose the Axe-Fx from the "Device:" drop-down list
  5. Press the "Delay Help" button in the lower right section of the Transmitter window
  6. In the popup Delay Help window, click the Reset AutoDelay button to force MFC-Edit to recompute the delay required for the Axe-Fx as a USB/MIDI interface
  7. Follow the normal process for transmitting a sysex dump to the MFC-101
The problem is either cabling, configuration or transmission delay and the files from MFC-Edit are normal as you've already determined by sending a "stock" 3.06 file with the same results.
If my notes above still don't work then open a support ticket with a subject of "SysEx dump Transmission Problems to MFC-101".

Back
Top Bottom