Can't get FC9 to recognise Moog EP-3 expression pedal

Hey all - I have a Moog EXP pedal that I used to use with my Axe-FX II. Now that I have a FM9 I can't seem to get it to recognise the pedal. It's plugged in to PDL1 and in the I/O setup under pedal 1 I have it set correctly to "expression", but when I go to calibrate it just shows the range of motion all the way forward and it won't move. I also set the midi settings External Control 1 to Pedal 1. I can't get the pedal to work at all. Any ideas?

Plug the TRS cable in all the way on both sides.

Try a different TRS cable.

Be sure it’s a TRS cable.

Check any “minimum” value knob on the pedal if it has one.

Plug the TRS cable in all the way on both sides.

Try a different TRS cable.

Be sure it’s a TRS cable.

Check any “minimum” value knob on the pedal if it has one.
This. The EP3 has a switch on the bottom, and also a thumbwheel. You need to push the wheel all the way 'forward' to the front fo the pedal.

Yeah check the knob on the pedal. I have two of them and one wasn't working correctly. I thought there might've been something wrong with it; then I noticed that knob on the side. Turned it all the way clockwise (iirc) and that was it. Didn't even know that knob was on there 🤷🏾‍♂️

I've tried all that. Still no-go. I've got another TRS cable on order so I can rule that out, but the pedal was working the last time I used it on my Axe-FX II rig.

Have you tried it with the other Pedal jacks? If they all exhibit the same behavior I'd certainly expect it to be something with the pedal. Try flipping the switch to the other setting and trying to calibrate again. Also try turning the knob to its extremes and trying it everywhere in its range.

28A41BB4-B438-42E1-8C36-84DCC4BD5322.jpeg2A695BA9-BB20-4613-939D-32875A955B39.jpeg

Have you tried it with the other Pedal jacks? If they all exhibit the same behavior I'd certainly expect it to be something with the pedal.
I haven't tried that - will do it tonight

Try flipping the switch to the other setting and trying to calibrate again. Also try turning the knob to its extremes and trying it everywhere in its range.
Didn't make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom