Can't get blocks to remain active

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I am using my MFC101 with the Axe iii. Im pretty sure this is an MFC setting issue. when i activate a block and then save the preset, when switch back and forth to this preset the block is no longer active within the Axe 3 or on the MFC. This is only the case on blocks that are programmed as IA switches on the MFC.

Im missing something here. Can anyone help?

Edit: the blocks seem to be deactivated when i use the mfc to switch presets. if i switch them within axe edit the blocks remain active.

Last edited:
Do you have switches set up on the MFC to turn said block on and off? Could be the switch state on the MFC if so.

On the MFC-101 each IA has an option to "Send With Preset", effectively sending the saved Off/On state of the IA when you select that preset. I turned all of these to Off, to preserve my saved Preset and Scene setting on the FX III.

On the MFC-101 each IA has an option to "Send With Preset", effectively sending the saved Off/On state of the IA when you select that preset. I turned all of these to Off, to preserve my saved Preset and Scene setting on the FX III.

That fixed it somewhat. the block now stays on but the led light on the mfc doesn't start in the on position reflecting the block being on initially.

It won't being there is no two way communication. Just a dumb controller that sends a message. Gets real confusing real fast when your used to the way it worked on the Axe FX II.

<<< Not patient, but waiting for the FC. Sure would like to sell my AFX IIXL+, MFC101, RAC12 and recoup what little I can scrape out of them. I need another PRS!

I would have thought the MFC-101 was duplex? My old antique ART X-15 units, using 2 midi cables, give me real time on the lights.

That fixed it somewhat. the block now stays on but the led light on the mfc doesn't start in the on position reflecting the block being on initially.

Yep - is not as good as the old AXE FX Mode, that's for sure. I don't think you can turn on the Red of the LED'S, but you can save the initial status of each IA (On/Off) to match your preset so that when you select that preset on the MFC, the correct Green lights are on. Bakerman has a way to do it with scenes as well, but its way over my head, and by the time I figured that out my FC-12 will be shipping. :eyes:

I would have thought the MFC-101 was duplex? My old antique ART X-15 units, using 2 midi cables, give me real time on the lights.
Using two midi cable with the AXIII and MFC send it into auto lock up mode, and potential white screen of death on the III. Good for a half hour of sheer panic tho!

Yeah, my MFC works well enough and can get me by to do shows but I think I'm going to wait on the FC's to start gigging it. My goal when I got the III in March was to have my III rig ready for this weekend at our show at the House of Blues. And while it is ready I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing it with the MFC. I'm so used to seeing what FX are active with the LED's on and so forth. I don't want to have to worry about anything so think I'm going to go with my AX8. Plus, my presets are all over the place. Until Axe Manage Presets gets implemented in Axe Edit I can't really organize my presets for a gig.

Yep - is not as good as the old AXE FX Mode, that's for sure. I don't think you can turn on the Red of the LED'S, but you can save the initial status of each IA (On/Off) to match your preset so that when you select that preset on the MFC, the correct Green lights are on. Bakerman has a way to do it with scenes as well, but its way over my head, and by the time I figured that out my FC-12 will be shipping. :eyes:
Does anyone know this process so the green lights are at least on? If they aren't on then to turn off a block i have to hit the button twice to deactivate.

Back
Top Bottom